New Nosound album in 5.1, out early 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jon,

that's exactly what I was thinking to do (and it would fit): 24/48 in 5.1 (dvd-a) and 24/48 stereo (also for dvd-v), plus I will have some space to add a DTS on the dvd-v part.

Sounds like a good plan? :)

G

Absolutely! Sign me up :)

Hi,

yes the Dolby takes only a minimum space so I prefer to keep it, it does not change much. Another two solutions I have are:

1) 24/96 5.1 mlp (dvd-a)
2) 24/48 stereo (dvd-a/v)
3) DTS/DD 5.1 (dvd-v)

or

1) 24/96 5.1 mlp (dvd-a)
2) 24/96 stereo mlp (dvd-a)
3) DTS/DD 5.1 (dvd-v)

What do you think is the best solution between these two? :) (bearing in mind most users will play it probably on a dvd-v home system anyway)

G

Option A or B for me as I doubt very much whether I will listen to the stereo if i have the 5.1 option unless it comes with a CD then i will listen in the car ot the CD

Yes it comes in a digibook including as well cd stereo, so there will be a normal cd to play in car :)

I'm just not sure if it's better to put a 24/96 mlp stereo but accessible only for dvd-a, or a stereo 24/48 accessible for dvd-a and dvd-v...

Questions questions questions... :)

p.s. what I can say is that the 24/96 surround sounds just fantastic!

Hi Robert,

yes that's what I was thinking, most of all because anyway the 96khz would be more evident on the less 'crowded' surround mix, and the stereo version is anyway fine 24/48.

Later I'll do some tests...I will still try squeezing really everything on a single layer..could be a matter of a few megabytes, I'll try keeping graphics really minimal/simple (pictures) to be able to put as much audio as possible in it :)

Pre-orders will be next week it seems, but later today a teaser will be out...and possibly another surprise if I'll have the time!

G

Hi G,

Personally I'd always listen to the 5.1 24/96kHz, Stereo either 48kHz or 96kHz, but I would keep the DTS/DD 5.1 more people can listen to it then. Also my Pioneer SC-LX86 (and quite a few other AV receivers) have a surround headphone mode which takes the DD and generates a psuedo-surround, which although not perfect is great when listening late after going to the pub!

Looking forward to the album. Please post when and where the pre-orders can be purchased, will it be Burningshed?

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Jon, Duncan,

yes in the end what's important is to share love for music and most of all for good sounding one! And yes as I said there will be DTS and DD even if not needed (they are useful for lots of stuff), and I'll try going for 24/48 stereo and 24/96 5.1 and everyone will be happy on whatever player/system, from the cheapest to the most expensive one!

Yes the preorders will be again on Burning Shed, probably we'll start next week. But in the meantime today the first notes were published, in the form of an audio teaser. Here it is, hope you'll enjoy it while waiting for the pre-orders to go live!

[video=youtube;7htQGx_eaXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7htQGx_eaXk&hd=1[/video]

Hi Duncan,

thanks yes there are a few soaring guitars..but usually live there are more! :)

Some positive news...first of all again the help of members of this forum with testing on different systems/players really made all this possible, and I appreciate the time (and bandwidth) spent...I hope the music will be good enough to make them happy!

The other positive news is that Kscope decided that considering the quality of material it's worth doing it the right way...so I just finished creating and successfully testing on my player a dual layer version of the dvd-a/v, that contains full 24bit/96khz for both stereo 2.0 and 5.1, plus high quality DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1.

Hopefully the DDP will be ok at the factory and in a few days the master will be confirmed and pre-order campaign will start...hopefully soon more news!

It appears that KScope is a class act. Too bad more labels are not like them.

I hope our membership supports this release to show them the extra effort was worth it.

Thanks Jon,

KScope was very supportive indeed, and I hope as well some members here will support the release and will enjoy the music! This is not our first surround release but is the first high-resolution dvd-a one, and indeed the whole idea started just from this thread.

It costed time, money and work but I hope listeners will agree with us that is was worth it! Once again we as a band were able to keep complete control over all the phases of production (from the writing to the design, from recording to mix and master for the cd/vinyl/dvd-a), and we were able to do it with the dvd-a only thanks to the fantastic direct support received here, with private messages and with all the useful tech info/threads (by Neil Wilkes and others).

This is something very important and that we're very proud of for all our releases: everything we did in this 10 years does not contain a single comma, graphic or sound that was not made/decided/placed by us, every single detail is always functional to the artistic message we wanted to send out. Thanks again for allowing us to do this again now (and for the future..surprises coming!) upgrading to the dvd-a quality and possibilities :)

In a couple of days we should have all setup and ready to go!

It appears that KScope is a class act. Too bad more labels are not like them.

I hope our membership supports this release to show them the extra effort was worth it.

i guess all labels should be like k-scope - small, with flexible business model.
it would be beneficial for all sides involved, artists, production and consumers.

Pre-orders can be placed at Burning Shed. First 500 will get an instrumental bonus cd as well!

cd/dvd-a/v, https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/4658/
2LP, https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/4659/

Nosound's fourth official studio album Afterthoughts features a new line-up for the band and includes former Porcupine Tree member Chris Maitland on drums throughout.

Maitland's unique drumming has enhanced Nosound's dynamic range and taken the band's atmospheric Rock to a new level of power and sophistication.

This is the 2 disc edition featuring the stereo mix of the album on CD plus a DVD-A/DVD-V (NTSC 16:9, Region Free) with stereo and 5.1 surround high resolution 24bit / 96kHz mixes, plus DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround versions.

The first 500 pre-orders of the album from the Kscope store will receive a bonus CD featuring instrumental versions of all the tracks on the album.

CD:

1. In My Fears
2. I Miss The Ground
3. Two Monkeys
4. The Anger Song
5. Encounter
6. She
7. Wherever You Are
8. Paralysed
9. Afterthought

DVD-A/DVD-V:

NTSC 16:9 (Region Free) with stereo and 5.1 surround high resolution 24bit / 96kHz mixes, plus DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround versions.

Bonus CD:

1. In My Fears (instrumental)
2. I Miss The Ground (instrumental)
3. Two Monkeys (instrumental)
4. The Anger Song (instrumental)
5. Encounter (instrumental)
6. She (instrumental)
7. Wherever You Are (instrumental)
8. Paralysed (instrumental)
9. Afterthought (instrumental)

Hello everyone,

I waited this moment for long time, and share part of this time with you, this great community of passionate music lovers, so I'm very happy to announce that the pre-order campaign for the new Nosound album is started! Release date is 6th May 2013 (maybe someone can change title of this thread?), and it will be released in digibook cd + dvd-a/v containing stereo and 5.1 24bit/96kHz mixes, plus DTS (1.5mbps) and Dolby Digital, as well as very special double vinyl numbered and with an exclusive cloth bag (the vinyl has a different mix/master it's not just the cd or dvd on vinyl). Pre-order is as usual available on Burning Shed https://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound/ , and first 500 orders will receive as well a bonus instrumental cd.

If you visit the new promo website http://t.co/nPauSu8YDb you can get a free download after joining the Kscope newsletter, and access more promo material.

As a special thank you for QQ, if you want to check this out and support this new release (help us keeping Kscope interested in dvd-a format!) you can access a QQ exclusive FLAC 24/96 surround version of the free download track from the link below (please consider it's a monitored file so please don't share this link/file, and it will taken out that location in a few days!):

http://www.nosound.net/dvda_quadraphonicquad/IMissTheGroundSurround_24bit96khz_flac.zip

Looking forward to know your thoughts and to share soon the album with you, thanks again for your support during the production phase and now!

G

combocover640.jpg

Hello everyone,

I waited this moment for long time, and share part of this time with you, this great community of passionate music lovers, so I'm very happy to announce that the pre-order campaign for the new Nosound album is started! Release date is 6th May 2013 (maybe someone can change title of this thread?), and it will be released in digibook cd + dvd-a/v containing stereo and 5.1 24bit/96kHz mixes, plus DTS (1.5mbps) and Dolby Digital, as well as very special double vinyl numbered and with an exclusive cloth bag (the vinyl has a different mix/master it's not just the cd or dvd on vinyl). Pre-order is as usual available on Burning Shed https://www.burningshed.com/store/nosound/ , and first 500 orders will receive as well a bonus instrumental cd.

If you visit the new promo website http://t.co/nPauSu8YDb you can get a free download after joining the Kscope newsletter, and access more promo material.

As a special thank you for QQ, if you want to check this out and support this new release (help us keeping Kscope interested in dvd-a format!) you can access a QQ exclusive FLAC 24/96 surround version of the free download track from the link below (please consider it's a monitored file so please don't share this link/file, and it will taken out that location in a few days!):

http://www.nosound.net/dvda_quadraphonicquad/IMissTheGroundSurround_24bit96khz_flac.zip

Looking forward to know your thoughts and to share soon the album with you, thanks again for your support during the production phase and now!

G

View attachment 9956

Bought and paid for! Really looking forward to hearing this.

Grazie mille per la vostra generosità :)

Back