New SACD 5.1 from Audio Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doors QUAD BEST OF! Ideal. Whomever owns the music already licensed the material for previous SACDs to be produced so there is a possibility of this. It is not unfeasible.

as he didn't know about the lp of court and spark...and then between my posting of the youtube link and his laid back comment it's a time of 13 minutes, on an lp that goes for over 30.I have a feeling he may be commenting on an lp that he hasn't completely heard.

I WANT GORDON LIGHTFOOT - SUNDOWN OR COLD ON THE SHOULDER WERE BOTH RELEASED AS QUAD LP's

The Doors QUAD BEST OF! Ideal. Whomever owns the music already licensed the material for previous SACDs to be produced so there is a possibility of this. It is not unfeasible.

It would be a timing issue for the reissue labels like Audio Fidelity. They would want to wait until The Doors SACD series had been out of print for a few years before releasing another SACD by The Doors.

as he didn't know about the lp of court and spark...and then between my posting of the youtube link and his laid back comment it's a time of 13 minutes, on an lp that goes for over 30.I have a feeling he may be commenting on an lp that he hasn't completely heard.

That is rather sad. It is obvious I have not heard it. I said I have not heard of the LP. If you are fond of it, fantastic, enjoy. I am not interested but begrudge nobody who is.

It would be a timing issue for the reissue labels like Audio Fidelity. They would want to wait until The Doors SACD series had been out of print for a few years before releasing another SACD by The Doors.

Why? Quad Best of is a completely different title and different mixes? The point i meant was that there's at least hope. Just labels/ artists will not even entertain the thought.

Sony seem to have licensed a bunch of titles to AF in the past, so maybe some vintage quads will come from them. Glad somebody is looking to do this at last.

Sony seem to have licensed a bunch of titles to AF in the past, so maybe some vintage quads will come from them. Glad somebody is looking to do this at last.

Indeed. That's what I was thinking; work with labels you know are actually compliant.

This and Zappa Overnite Sensation would be my top choices.

Indeed. That's what I was thinking; work with labels you know are actually compliant.

It's more than just the labels. You also need the sign-off and participation of the artists, the cost of the advance payment to the labels and artists, the cost of the guaranteed minimum number of discs to be ordered from the record label, the tapes (quality of the tapes, locating them) and more.

As I've said in the past, there are so many steps and hurdles it's a wonder that any of these reissues ever hit the market! :)

I guess my train of thought with this is that AF have released Sony titles by both Billy Joel and Simon & Garfunkel, who both have long out of print quad titles, so there could be hope in that direction.

It's more than just the labels. You also need the sign-off and participation of the artists, the cost of the advance payment to the labels and artists, the cost of the guaranteed minimum number of discs to be ordered from the record label, the tapes (quality of the tapes, locating them) and more.

As I've said in the past, there are so many steps and hurdles it's a wonder that any of these reissues ever hit the market! :)

DAMN! :} Shame really. Still worth trying though, right?

With regards to artists; they don't always have to be involved. Oasis WERE NOT involved with the W.T.S.W.G SACD! In fact the producer and Noel have never heard it!

DAMN! :} Shame really. Still worth trying though, right?

With regards to artists; they don't always have to be involved. Oasis WERE NOT involved with the W.T.S.W.G SACD! In fact the producer and Noel have never heard it!

Depends on the artist and producer. Some have no interest in a remastering or 5.1 remix and are happy to leave it to their engineer or another engineer. In other cases, the artists are VERY involved and want to select who will do the remastering or remix and approve (or not approve it) before release. Remember it is their work and so it represents them in the marketplace.

Stop teasing and give us some titles!

SteveHoffmanTV: Some great SACD's coming up that I'll be mastering for Audio Fidelity.. Analog goodies from Warner Bros. and Columbia Records. Stay tuned!

Stop teasing and give us some titles!

SteveHoffmanTV: Some great SACD's coming up that I'll be mastering for Audio Fidelity.. Analog goodies from Warner Bros. and Columbia Records. Stay tuned!

Marshall and his team have now licensed some titles for their 5.1 Multichannel SACD series. An announcement from AF should be coming soon!

shutup.jpg

Marshall and his team have now licensed some titles for their 5.1 Multichannel SACD series. An announcement from AF should be coming soon!

It would be fun if they went kind of slow with the announcement. Like tell us which label(s) first and save the titles for later. Maybe make a contest out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back