New SACD 5.1 from Audio Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Al Kooper's weekly email -

"In addition, outside the column, I have remixed Super Session in 5.1 and it is being released shortly by Audio Fidelity in SACD format. It was remastered by Bob Ludwig, and is a treat for the ears. I will let you know here when it comes out."

With that .45 you are dating yourself, grandpa. (y)

I know, I have a Colt 1911 as well. All the kids these days want a 9mm with triple capacity magazines...

Nobody here is forecasting a nice juicy progressive rock release to be one of the first 5.1 releases, sigh... Then at least let it be an unreleased Elton John
or how bout another classic WHO recording? :phones ..or even Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs... sigh...

now wouldn't THAT be pure Heaven....

Super Session doesn't interest me in the slightest. Won't be buying that, sorry.

And no Blood Sweat & Tears either.

Snood would pick up Super Sessions.........Snood a sucker for good guitar tuneage :banana:

From Al Kooper's weekly email...

Interesting reading here about two 5.1 mixes including Super Session:

Later in 2000s, it was intended that it would be remixed for the new 5.1 channel version to be released on SACD. But in late 2004 Al Kooper released this statement:

To the best of my knowledge, based on an unnamed source, the new head of SONY/BMG shut down the 5.1 SACD department and let everyone go. A year and a half ago I remixed Super Session and Child Is Father to the Man for them in 5.1 SACD. They both came out incredible and so I mastered them with Bob Ludwig. Now it seems they will languish on the shelves under the current administration of SONY/BMG.,........Typical, in soooo many ways."

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Session

I remember reading somewhere that Al Kooper was the one who was pushing triple-royalties on hybrid SACDs and that was the reason Sony never put these out. Maybe I was reading b.s. though. Much of what on the web is just that.

I remember reading somewhere that Al Kooper was the one who was pushing triple-royalties on hybrid SACDs and that was the reason Sony never put these out. Maybe I was reading b.s. though. Much of what on the web is just that.

The music publishers were making the royalties argument about multiple performances. I doubt Al Kooper, an artist and producer, was in the room during those discussions.

Maybe I was reading b.s. though. Much of what on the web is just that.

Snoooood is of differing opinion............most of what wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaas on the internet was the truth until the powers that be started to blur the lines with infiltrated crap. So now it is 50/50 :rolleyes:

Rise Up!!!:spot

The Cake is a Lie!!!!

Please tell me one of us besides Snood knows this line above...........without googling it :xp:

Both of The Cars and Fleetwood Mac's self-titled albums fall under the Warner Brothers umbrella and are reportedly already mixed in 5.1. Those might finally see the light of day after all!

I've seen quite a few new and used Audio Fidelity SACDs in the audiophile section at Ameoba records in SanFranciso. How in tarnation can you tell if they are in stereo or multichannel?

I've seen quite a few new and used Audio Fidelity SACDs in the audiophile section at Ameoba records in SanFranciso. How in tarnation can you tell if they are in stereo or multichannel?

Well, they haven't made in multichannel ones yet so it should be pretty easy.

ahhh! taken from the audio fidelity site-and this should e4xplain the sudden interest in 5.1 at SH forums:

We're going to make this giveaway even more special by picking one of our 24K Club Members to receive a Test Pressing on one of our early released SACDs, The Searchers "The Collection" (also autographed by Steve Hoffman and Marshall Blonstein).

True the SH boards are audiophile forums, but like FredBlu says i am glad to be a 5.1aphile

wide stereo -- playing it right now

says on back: All tracks true stereo from the original Pye Records master tapes.

I'm pretty sure AF have never released any multi-channel SACD up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back