October 2023 D-V SACD Releases (Isley Bros, O’Jays, Enoch Light, Tony Mottola, Henry Mancini)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet that SONY Japan will eventually release more Aerosmith and especially those Johnny/Edgar Winter titles on QUAD SACD in their special 7" packaging [deluxe]!
I'd bet you Sony are all done with Aerosmith right about at this point.

And not sure if J&E Winter were very hot in Japan or still are. But I would love to get two albums from each of the two at least. Three is ideal. But since they have sat unissued this long I kind of think labels are a bit shy with full-on support there. Something is wrong with this picture. And maybe 360 lossy is all we will ever see?

And not sure if J&E Winter were very hot in Japan or still are. But I would love to get two albums from each of the two at least. Three is ideal. But since they have sat unissued this long I kind of think labels are a bit shy with full-on support there. Something is wrong with this picture. And maybe 360 lossy is all we will ever see?

In more ways than one.

The entire Aerosmith catalog moved to UMG last year.

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/aerosmith-catalog-universal-sale-1215716/

I was just hoping that since Vocalion released the Rick Derringer 2fer that they had an "in" since that's all the same label/musicians/timeframe.
Bummer on UMG and Aerosmith though.

All EIGHT D~V Titles arrived today from the Wizard of Watford in PLUPERFECT CONDITION. Not a cracked case in the bunch. I also added two original Dutton Epoch Multi~CH Classical titles.

I guess GOS' theory of ordering in even numbers paid off .......

Let the massive all day Listening Session COMMENCE!

All EIGHT D~V Titles arrived today from the Wizard of Watford in PLUPERFECT CONDITION. Not a cracked case in the bunch. I also added two original Dutton Epoch Multi~CH Classical titles.
I think my shipment got here faster than any other D-V shipment. Somehow the tracking never even got into the USPS system, so it was quite a surprise to see it on the porch.

Unfortunately, the center hub thingy on the two-disc sets is really, really, really tight, so my first attempt to remove the second Mancini disc wound up cracking it all the way from the center to the edge.

I think my shipment got here faster than any other D-V shipment. Somehow the tracking never even got into the USPS system, so it was quite a surprise to see it on the porch.

Unfortunately, the center hub thingy on the two-disc sets is really, really, really tight, so my first attempt to remove the second Mancini disc wound up cracking it all the way from the center to the edge.
I hate hearing about that sort of thing; I really wish the industry standard were those 'MFSL LIFT-LOCK' type cases. I believe I broke a disc in this manner a couple years ago, but don't remember what it was, and always a fear it with the tighter ones for sure!

Hopefully D-V will replace it for you?

I hate hearing about that sort of thing; I really wish the industry standard were those 'MFSL LIFT-LOCK' type cases. I believe I broke a disc in this manner a couple years ago, but don't remember what it was, and always a fear it with the tighter ones for sure!
Yeah, those are fantastic!
Hopefully D-V will replace it for you?
I emailed them my sob story as soon as it happened but haven't heard back.

Back