Pat Metheny - The Unity Sessions BD Available Sept 18

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We saw the Unity band last fall in Annapolis MD in a small hall with great acoustics. Epic does not even begin to describe this show. I've seen PM for 35 years in a variety of settings. I think this format along with his shows with Gary Burton top the list. I will be buying this BR.

My blu ray arrived yesterday and I had time to watch it. Overall, I liked it very much. I chose the DTS option in 5.1 though I had hoped a 7.1 might be available. The sound is good if a bit front channels centric. Separation of the instruments is good and all players are clear though I found Pat's guitar a bit down in the mix on some selections. The video is good if somewhat dark. I'm not sure I would give it top marks for video quality but it is certainly sufficient. The musicianship is superb and took me back to the show I saw last fall. Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending this blu-ray. CAVEAT: I could not pay total attention as life was intruding i.e. wife talking, cell ringing. I'll take another look at it when I can totally concentrate.

Back