Pink Floyd - The Early Years - 1965 > 1972

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes it more valuable to me and tempers the intentional downgrading of all the content issued on CD's in the set.

I'll probably buy this now sooner than I might have before.

Haha. While they were busy downsampling material to create lower quality audio items for this set (so they could sell them again in higher quality later) they missed a mistake that gave us the 5.1 Meddle remix.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Depends on what your playback hardware is. In my case, I just put what MakeMKV gave me on a USB drive and plugged it into my Oppo 103.

How did it feel to make the world announcement of Meddle mixed to 5.1 released??? I think you were first, at least so far as a forum that is not blocked if you are not a member. So your post was the real first world-wide announcement!

So it's not just a simple plug in and play for a technophobe like me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Audiomuxer will author a bluray of music tracks and it's free. MakeMKV + Audiomuxer should do the trick. Or multiAVCHD with the additional stuff DuncanS mentioned. Do a google search and I am sure there is a steps list.

How did it feel to make the world announcement of Meddle mixed to 5.1 released??? I think you were first, at least so far as a forum that is not blocked if you are not a member. So your post was the real first world-wide announcement!

Well, I've been a HUGE Pink Floyd fan since the summer of 1974 when I suddenly realized that several songs I enjoyed on the radio were all by the same band and from the same album. I easily have more material by them than by anyone else, and that's been true for decades. So even though I in no way actually accomplished anything, it's still a very fun feeling! It's funny that you'd ask, though. When I discovered it I immediately Googled to see if anyone else had anything to say. I was very surprised to come up empty-handed.

But as someone else suggested, maybe we should keep this pretty low-key for now.

On a different subject, it's interesting to me how many of the video bits that are in the box were completely unknown to me until just a few years ago when suddenly they began to appear on YouTube and elsewhere. It's as if the clips themselves couldn't be kept secret any longer, but the box sure was. The notes in one of the volumes say the project was first conceived 22 years ago, so congratulations to all for keeping it so perfectly under wraps for so long!

Yes everyone, keep quiet or this could get on the Internet and everyone would find out. :)
You guys are funny.

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. I've already told my sister in law, and she can't keep her yap shut for nothing. :banana:

I kid, I kid...

Wow, really! I don't do Facebook. So, is it a positive comment, or negative?

Archie Smith Big news. The Meddle 5.1 mix is on the 1971 Bluray. It can't be accessed via the normal Bluray menu unless it's an easter egg but the files can be ripped. This 'mistake' certainly makes up for the faulty bonus book Bluray. It's not on the DVD, just the Bluray.

Yes, there's always that possibility but I'm sure enough 'casual' PF fans will rally for that Meddle Release as a stand alone BD~A release ......... and was it really a mistake or a concession to fans who balked at it not being included in such an extravagantly priced boxset? But even if I did have that boxset, I would be unable to extract Meddle from its hidden crevice [what's THAT all about] as I don't have the tools or knowhow involved [and I'm sure I'm NOT alone].

You are not alone!

Audiomuxer will author a bluray of music tracks and it's free. MakeMKV + Audiomuxer should do the trick. Or multiAVCHD with the additional stuff DuncanS mentioned. Do a google search and I am sure there is a steps list.

Many thanks but if you had told me that in Ancient Greek I would it would make as much sense to me.

But if any kind soul here would be willing to burn one for me and sent it to me I am sure we could come up with some mutually beneficial arrangement.

Archie Smith Big news. The Meddle 5.1 mix is on the 1971 Bluray. It can't be accessed via the normal Bluray menu unless it's an easter egg but the files can be ripped. This 'mistake' certainly makes up for the faulty bonus book Bluray. It's not on the DVD, just the Bluray.

Doesn't even know if there is an Easter egg?

The Floyd office is has got to be wondering if someone somewhere had sympathy for the 5.1 fans, and hid the hidden "Easter egg" in there intentionally. Let the paranoia begin.....

Wow, 50 people on this thread including THE man himself!

This thread and the Dutton/Vocalion thread have been to two most popular threads all day and for good reason. :)

Wow, 50 people on this thread including THE man himself!

The man himself is kicking back with a cold one on a lovely Sat afternoon basking in the glow of 5.1 victory, as he laughs at these crazed comments of hopes and pure speculation.

:brew

The man himself is kicking back with a cold one on a lovely Sat afternoon basking in the glow of 5.1 victory, as he laughs at these crazed comments of hopes and pure speculation.

:brew

[video=youtube;7Gx1Pv02w3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1Pv02w3Q[/video]

Crazy over the rainbow we are crazy!

Back