Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not paying that. That's ridiculous, why don't the original producers cut some more?

Snood no see problem. Snood No sure what Grandma has to do with negotiate :mad:@:

Snood no see problem. Snood No sure what Grandma has to do with negotiate :mad:@:

It was obvious that the only point of wappinghigh's post (as fundamentally-illiterate as it was) was to crap on my offer to sell the SACD. I doubt that he could afford to buy it at any price. :rolleyes:

As you know, Snood, I have offered many disks for sale at fair prices to QQ members (yourself included) ... and I have almost never refused someone's offer, even if it was well-below eBay or Discogs prices. I wanted to toss it out to QQ members first, but I can easily sell it elsewhere.

If Elusive Disc is selling it for $149, then I would expect that's the going rate for the disc today. I would guess that Quadzilla might take a bit less than that, maybe not, but you cannot expect him to sell it for "what he paid for it". That would be foolish.

If he did, the buyer could turn around and sell it for at least $150, then who would be the fool?

If Elusive Disc is selling it for $149, then I would expect that's the going rate for the disc today. I would guess that Quadzilla might take a bit less than that, maybe not, but you cannot expect him to sell it for "what he paid for it". That would be foolish.

If he did, the buyer could turn around and sell it for at least $150, then who would be the fool?

Thanks Jon. You are absolutely correct. I bought two copies when they were first released. My thought was to sell the still-sealed copy for what I paid for both ... effectively getting my listening copy for free.

Like most people, I sell or trade spare copies to get other titles ... not to bank any profits. If that offends wappinghigh, it tells me that he is just kicking tires on items he is unlikely to be able to afford at any price ... and that he is not to be taken seriously in the future.

I still kick myself for passing up a copy of Moment of Glory for (a bit less than) fifty bucks because the eBay seller was asking more than it originally sold for. Yep, fifty bucks. I still don't own a copy of it. Now, if I want something I just buy it.

It's no biggie though. I just listed it elsewhere for closer to its current value, and I am certain that it will sell for more than I would have sold it to a fellow QQ member for.

man! don't I feel fortunate, I paid only $35.00 for my BD copy. Being a business person, I look for ways to make an honest dollar. What's fair is fair, and it is what it is. I see Quadzilla's point here clearly.

It was obvious that the only point of wappinghigh's post (as fundamentally-illiterate as it was) was to crap on my offer to sell the SACD. I doubt that he could afford to buy it at any price. :rolleyes:

As you know, Snood, I have offered many disks for sale at fair prices to QQ members (yourself included) ... and I have almost never refused someone's offer, even if it was well-below eBay or Discogs prices. I wanted to toss it out to QQ members first, but I can easily sell it elsewhere.

Quad buddy you know Snood was only joking........was not even inferring to the haggling....Snood just having fun with Grandma :banana:

Agreed 100%! What goes around comes around....Selling an OOP title here and there helps me buy a different OOP disc or expensive box set that I could otherwise not afford. :)

Thanks Jon. You are absolutely correct. I bought two copies when they were first released. My thought was to sell the still-sealed copy for what I paid for both ... effectively getting my listening copy for free.

Like most people, I sell or trade spare copies to get other titles ... not to bank any profits. If that offends wappinghigh, it tells me that he is just kicking tires on items he is unlikely to be able to afford at any price ... and that he is not to be taken seriously in the future.

I still kick myself for passing up a copy of Moment of Glory for (a bit less than) fifty bucks because the eBay seller was asking more than it originally sold for. Yep, fifty bucks. I still don't own a copy of it. Now, if I want something I just buy it.

It's no biggie though. I just listed it elsewhere for closer to its current value, and I am certain that it will sell for more than I would have sold it to a fellow QQ member for.

I'm with Godzilla 100% here. Offering an old "store" price for an OOP very popular disc is not nice :howl

But I'm still laughing at Snoods joke :banana:

I'll bet you like the old Naked Gun movies Snood?

I'm with Godzilla 100% here. Offering an old "store" price for an OOP very popular disc is not nice :howl

But I'm still laughing at Snoods joke :banana:

I'll bet you like the old Naked Gun movies Snood?

Thank you for your post, Spock. It's 'Quadzilla' though. 'Godzilla' was my overly-religious great-uncle who developed a taste for Tokyo.
It killed him though. I suspect high sodium, so now I choose healthier food options even though I love Japanese food.

... and I liked Snood's joke too. :)

Thank you for your post, Spock. It's 'Quadzilla' though. 'Godzilla' was my overly-religious great-uncle who developed a taste for Tokyo.
It killed him though. I suspect high sodium, so now I choose healthier food options even though I love Japanese food.

... and I liked Snood's joke too. :)

Sorry - Quadzilla it is!

And sorry about your uncle :banana:

I can't imagine buying this SACD knowing that there is another release that includes the original 70s quad mix that is missing here. I'd feel like my life is missing something important.

Am I the only one who feels the quad is the major attraction and the newer mix is a nice add on?

Last edited:
I can't imagine buying this SACD knowing that there is another release that includes the original 70s quad mix that is missing here. I'd feel like my life is missing something important.

Am I the only one who feels the quad I'd is the major attraction and the newer mix is a nice add on?

The Quad version is my preference as well.

Am I the only one who feels the quad is the major attraction and the newer mix is a nice add on?

For me, it's a preference for SACD over blu-ray. Blu-ray requires a display to navigate around the disc contents. I like to listen in a darkened room without having to watch anything. But you're right, the quad mix would be nice to have on the SACD.

With all the reports of Blu-ray disk failures, I am not going to spend any more money on expensive Blu-ray music. I already have WYWH on several formats anyway.

Attachments

• P1020554.jpg
    P1020554.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 192
Back