Preview of Elton John Surround SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, great article! More top artists need a Greg Penney to create demo surround mixes of their work in order to prod them into remixing their catalogs in surround. Now I'm really getting antsy about these releases!

Reading that article makes waiting even harder. At least it sounds like they are going to be great when we finally get them. :sun

Excellent Brian... nice job indeed!

"Caribou, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player, Rock Of The Westies and Blue Moves - are likely to be in the next group of 5 Surround Sound remasters"

Next to GBYR, Caribou and Blue Moves are my fave EJ albums so this is indeed good news!

JonUrban said:
Super Brian, can't wait to hear these! :D

For folks in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'd suggest that they pick up an Exhibits Only ticket to this weekend's AES Convention at the Moscone Center.

The ATC Loudspeaker Technology room features the ATC Pro Speakers and Subwoofers, the Meitner SACD playback setup and a listen to cuts from the test pressings of both the Elton John and Eric Clapton Surround Sound SACDs due out on Nov. 9th !

See the High Fidelity Review story over at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=12497424 for details.

Back