Problem with Pioneer DV-563a and Brothers in Arms SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova74

Hey.
Still using my 563. I've had the firmware updated. Don't remember how long ago it was but I did it so I could play the Talking Heads discs, if I remember correctly. It so far has played anything I've thrown at it and the bass management works well with my system.
Got "Brothers in Arms" for Christmas (Who doesn't love getting SACD's for Christmas?) and the SACD layer will not play. No Matter what, it will only play the CD layer. The disc is new, not scratched and the player setting are on multichannel. All my other SACD's play fine in multichannel still. Anyone else had this problem? Hope I don't have to upgrade my player for this one disc. That would be hard for me to justify right now...
Thanks,
Ryan

I've had similar issue with my 578a. It will not play SACD layer on ANY multi-layer SACD's, but will play the single layered ones fine. I did the v2.09 firmware upgrade a couple weeks ago with no change. I found a Sony 5-disc carousel SACD/DVD/CD changer at a thrift store that plays them just fine. Had to shell out quite a few extra clams to get needed switch boxes and cables to use both components with my amp.

I had the same problem with my 563A - first with just one or two titles and then it became progressively worse. I took apart my player (carefully) and cleaned the laser lens with compressed air. If you're handy, it's a fairly simple process. I haven't had a problem since (over a year). I posted some pictures of the process awhile back on this thread https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?13761-Pioneeer-563-suddenly-won-t-play-SACD-layer&p=120599&highlight=elmer#post120599.

Can't guarantee that it will work but it worked for me - just be patient and careful.

Canned air fixed the same issue on the same model DVD player for me>

I accidentally blew the straw into the player and had to open it up :mad:@:
So I gave the insides a good dusting off:
Now works like a charm

Back