QQ 20th Anniversary on July 9th!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I started collecting surround releases I thought I was on a solitary shell, but then I bumped into Mike Viera's channel (Life In Surround) @edisonbaggins (shout out!) and then he introduced me to this forum through his reviews.

So thank you both for keeping this niche (ever increasing and maybe no longer niche with atmos) alive!

Happy 20th Anniversary QuadraphonicQuad! 🎉🥳🍾🎂

What an amazing place this has been for me. Thank you so much Jon and for all the mods and members that make it such an amazing resource into the best way to listen to music.

Have made so many great friends and learnt so much about technical stuff and musical discovery… We’re lucky to now have a wealth of great albums being reissued in surround sound, and you have to say it has a lot to do with this site…

Thank you, and may the good times continue…

Cheers,

MrSmithers! 😎

I'll be honest, I think I stumbled across this place searching for surround music. Hands down, this has been the very best site I've been a member of. Yes, because of this site, I have spent $6983 on music. This is just since January 2020, when I started keeping track.

Everyone is great here, thanks for the quality information!!

As far as I'm concerned there is ONLY ONE Forum ......It begins with a Q and ends with a D ...for DELIGHTFUL! Thank you Jon and Mods for 20 eventful and productive years! Without this forum, QUAD would only be just another FOUR LETTER WORD!

R.32d9b5f1d545785cb4c937d3b8f7a527

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1st post was 15 years ago. I went back and looked at the thread. It was a real doozy of a political thread. No more threads like that today, just what we are hear (here) for…the MUSIC! That’s one good change for the better. Sadly, a lot of the posters are no longer with us. 😞 I don’t remember how I found about this forum, but I’m so glad I did! Thanks to all the originators and the new team for keeping it going.

Happy Anniversary all you wonderful people!!

Speaking as member 351....This place has been my favorite forum to visit bar none for 20 years....

Since I was a teenager I have loved Quadraphonic sound and any form of surround music......And coming here over the many years I have learned so much from everyone else.... and I also learned that I'm not alone in thinking this fantastic way of listening to music is the most inspiring and FUN way to raise those goose bumps and hair on the back of your neck! :)

Thank you Jon for all the years of hard work giving us this great meeting place to share our passions and for your tireless encouragements to push for new content while saving and preserving the old.

I am looking to celebrating many more anniversaries here with my QQ friends and neighbors!!!

Sincerely,
Mike

Last edited:
It is great to see some of the early members come on this thread...Jon laid out the master plan but those early members carried the torch....I wasn't here as an early adopter...but I saw Gos on here and lurked and then joined....the forum we both were on was more social than technical..but GOS was the MAN..so if this place was good enough for him...it was for me....but I would like to recognize another key member in my era that has enhanced the forum like GOS.....it is that man from London town...the man with over 27,000 posts...everytime I needed advice on a disc purchase I could send him a PM and get the information I needed...because he seemed to have every disc I wanted and many I have never heard of...that would be Fredblue....he left the old SA-CD.net site and came here...and 4-earredwonder and Marpow and Lute came after that....all great members...talk about prolific posters...Fred and Ralphie account for over 50,000 posts!...That is what I call being involved in the forum...

I think the biggest surprise on here was industry insiders coming on here...I was in awe...being able to post with some of these guys was priceless for me...like Thom Cadley....he had worked on projects with John Legend...Michael Jackson...Rod Stewart and Johnny Cash...but I got to talk to him about one of my favorite discs...Dance With My Father-DVD-A...by Luther Vandross...Luther was someone I listened to a lot...back in the day....I will always remember that moment on here....

Thank you, Jon and thank you to all who helped build this forum. I check it every day. It never fails to inform, educate and elucidate. I would love to meet all of you and get to have some hang time together, but this forum is the next best happening. Thank you all for introducing me to so much new music and so many sonic delights. 🥃 🥃 :cool:

First, a salute to Jon. You did a great job on so many things and continue to do so. Thanks for being a great friend, teammate and leader. Is your face red now?

Thanks to so many for being accepting, friendly and welcoming. Unbeknownst to anyone here, my Dad passed a couple weeks before I joined 12 years ago. You'll never know how much that meant to me at a low time.

What does QQ mean to me? Spent 20 years in this business and have been a Quad nut since '70. Yet, despite knowing a lot, I realize how much knowledge and passion resides here. In fact, there's not a thing I know about that someone here doesn't know more! All the better! Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

With the dearth of record stores, I've learned about so many new releases here. Time has been a precious commodity, and I haven't had time to CD shop. For me, it easily becomes down the rabbit hole. Yet, each new Quad/surround title (re)released has been trumpeted here.

Tim and Angie, thanks for all your dedication and diligence. You've done a great job in making the transition seamless. Not an easy thing to do. Been through it a few times in my career.

All my fellow Mods, thank you for all you do! EVERY ONE has pitched in and taken care of my usual duties on many occasions when I've been swamped or incapacitated. Y'all are amazing!

To each and every member, thanks for your generosity of spirit in helping others. I love you all because so many are as crazy about this stuff as I am.

So long as we all reflect briefly on posts before we hit the "post reply," it will make QQ more efficient and harmonious. I've asked myself on more than one occasion "will this post benefit QQ or it's members?" If we keep "do what's best for QQ" as a mantra, we can't go wrong. good karma

Here's to 20 great years. Looking forward to spending another 20 with you all. We can expect great things from QQ and technology in general. If it's as fruitful as the last 20, it will be absolutely awesome!

Happy anniversary! A big Thank You to Jon and everybody at the forefront and in the background, past and present, who made this place the lovely forum it is.

My interest in surround was started with the SACD of Dark Side, being a big PF fan I just had to hear this in 5.1. After buying an Onkyo SACD/DVDA player it started, looking for other things in surround. To my surprise, a band I just discoverder had some titles in surround. The band was Porcupine Tree, Deadwing was the first PT dvda for me.

When Steven Wilson released his Insurgentes solo album I bought it from Burning Shed. For some reason the dvda wouldn’t play so I got in touch with BS. They forwarded my inquiry to the author of the disc, a certain Neil Wilkes. Neil got in touch with me to sort things out and pointed me to QQ, as other were experiencing some troubles as well. Neil sent me a newly authored disc that would play correctly.

After this I quickly joined to get to know about old and new releases and most of all the knowledge a lot of members have. Learning about ripping discs for example. It was also fun to see member names popping up on releases as test players, making a lot of great physical releases possible.

It is a great journey and super excited to see so many great mixes being released on disc or via streaming lately.
Thank you all for making this happen!

Happy anniversary! I was a lurker until I couldn’t take just looking anymore. I just missed out on quad in the seventies but always hoped there would be a MCH renaissance. Then came DVD-A and SACD. I was hooked. Fast forward a few years and I started checking out fan forums.

This website has allowed me to indulge in my hobby and learn so much about music in general. One of my favorite times is taking a new guest downstairs to my “man cave” and playing a MCH song they pick from my collection. First is the head turn around the room, then the smile and finally the closed eyes to take it all in. ”I never knew that song had that (guitar strum, keyboard note, backup vocal) then begins our post-song conversation.

Now it seems the general public is starting to find out what we knew all along: MCH is FUN!!

#56 here, I can't believe it has been 20 years that I have been coming here to this great forum. I have kept pretty much in the background those 20 years but I still have to get my QQ fix almost everyday. I keep saying "I need to get rid of my multi channel collection" but it keeps on getting bigger, thanks to QQ. Congratulations to everyone involved. Thank you.

Back