Queen Rock Montreal + Live Aid 4K Ultra HD Edition on May 10!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Blu-ray and the picture quality on that is amazing for such an old concert. Wonder how much better the 4K can actually be?
The picture quality is amazing because it was shot on 35mm film, unlike any other Queen concert (the rest were all shot on video). There should be extra picture quality to be had from 4K, if the negative has been stored well and scanned and cleaned up properly.

Apologies for the question, but still not clear to me: which version includes the full Live Aid plus rehearsals?

Sold out, at least for now. I’m guessing that @4-earredwonder might have bought multiple copies to feed his 4K (4-earred and eyed?) obsession. 😉
I assure you, Mr E, that although I'd be willing to pay a KING'S ransom for QUEEN ~ LIVE AID in Native UHD4K ..... my purse strings have been allocated to other musical/visual pleasures!

I assure you, Mr E, that although I'd be willing to pay a KING'S ransom for QUEEN ~ LIVE AID in Native UHD4K ..... my purse strings have been allocated to other musical/visual pleasures!
Mr. Ralph, all of this talk about a King's ransom and Queen has given me the push to queue up some:

Attachments

• mothership.jpg
    mothership.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
Hmm... Despite the release date 10.05.24, just saw an unboxing video already. Don't know though how legit is it. :unsure:

Really my boy, Freddie in those white silk jump suit in 4K.
Montreal was shot on 35mm film so should benefit fully from 4K. Live Aid on the other hand was shot on video at 25fps, and while the original video will be better than what we saw on the day or can get out of DVD, a Blu Ray has more than enough bit rate and resolution to show everything there is of Live Aid. 4K can't make it look better.

Back