ripping quad records using standard gear

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shlanda

Hi,
I am new here, my first post, I guess it was asked 100 times before but I couldn't find recent answer that will guide me like a newbie.
My name is Shay, from Tel-Aviv, I collect records for 23 years.
I have a lot of Israeli releases from the 70's that I am pretty sure they are quadraphonic LPs (with no mention on cover).
Now, I don't have decoder system but I want to convert/decode the records to the 4 tracks and see if it is indeed quadraphonic records.
I can plug my turntable to the computer and record the 2 channels with cubase, audacity or other software and save it in different formats etc.
Is there an easy and reliable software or way that can decode it and convert the 2 tracks into the 4 tracks of the quadraphonic?
Thanks

Hello Shay,
there is a Adobe Audition 3.x script that together with the Phasebug plugin can do a decode of various matrix systems to 4 channel.
What is important is to sample the LP at 96/24 because it makes the work easier on declicking and cleaning before running the SQ decoding process.

Ripping in plain stereo will be just fine as long as it is a matrix quad record like QS or SQ. CD4 will need to be demodulated... unless you are a Mac user and have the CD4 software mentioned in another topic as well as a CD4 capable cartridge and decent preamp as I understand it to record in high resolution to the file on the computer.

Thanks,
Do you know how can I download the Adobe Audition 3 version? I see it is old and they only have like version 13 or so...
Will it work with newer versions?
P.S. I don't think I need the CD4 option as Ii guess the records are QS and I don't have the cartridge for that.

Do a QQ search for Audition3 and I am sure you will find the free links and passwords. They were posted some time ago. I hope it still works on Windoze 10.

Back