Roger Waters Amused to Death in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess... if i could to have "Rolex" perhaps i'll be pretty much convinced it shows me time more precise than my present, about 20 y.o. mechanical "Seiko" :)

These days you can pick up a Stereo DSD256 DAC for only $189 from iFi (the iDSD Nano). Prices are coming down! :)

This is an excellent point. Acoustic Sounds has invested in SACD, picking up where Sony dumped it off. Along with Audio Fidelity and other specialty labels, the format survives. Now here comes Sony, again, basically ripping the carpet out from under AS.

Nothing new here. AS makes the investment, Sony sneaks in and takes the reward. I think I may just order the SACD now to support AS.

Personally, I'm very happy that Sony are doing a Blu-Ray version as it gives the consumer more choice.
I say let the companies who have still interest in SACD (like AS and AF) release SACDs, and if the major labels prefer to release Blu-Ray and/or DVD-A, then let them do that.
The consumer can then decide which format suits them best, and who knows? They might get both!

Exactly! I was disappointed when this release was first announce because Guthrie prefers the SACD format and that was ALL we were getting. I don't really like the way my system decodes SACD, when I go through the 6 analogue outputs it seems to really lose the bass, unlike DVD-A and Blu-ray. So I was really thrilled for the Blu-ray option!

Imagine a mix done by King of Mono Phil Spector - at least James has 2 ears (at last count).... :)

+1. However, everything is relative. There are tons of surround mixes being much worse than JG's. And I'm not a fan of him.

I'm surprised that Bullmoose is supporting both formats with Amused to Death here and here
i'm more curious about pricing policies.
the same title from same sources but BD-A+CD $27 (b.t.w. at amazon.ca preordered for $20) when SACD $33
is that SACD beside delivering the music also brings coffee to bed every morning

i'm more curious about pricing policies.
the same title from same sources but BD-A+CD $27 (b.t.w. at amazon.ca preordered for $20) when SACD $33
is that SACD beside delivering the music also brings coffee to bed every morning
well, some say DSD is superior to PCM ;) I am not hearing it, so I will get the bd-a, which I can easily rip to my NAS as well, without all the PS tricks.

Anyway, to each their own.

Someone mentioned that it keeps away cats, so that could be a bonus.

Where would the cat run? In 5.1 with normally placed speakers the cat can't hide! I can just see the cat bouncing off speakers like a ping pong ball. MEOW!

Disclaimer: I love cats except when they attack my speakers emitting my favourite music.

Pre-ordered from Acoustic as an SACD as I am an elitist bastard!

My only problem is when I pre-order things I forget to make printouts, so I can't recall where I have things ordered from ..the Billy Joel is on order from somewhere, need to get Labelle ordered now.
The cats have made mincemeat out of my floor standing speaker covers.

Back