Roger Waters Amused to Death in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you ordering the Sony Japan edition:

Release Date August 05, 2015
Availability Release Postponed

and on another website: Unreleased Items

Looks like cancelled to me. Sony Baloney!

Discovering music for the first time because of 5.1 (like Lichtmond, David Elias and believe it or not, Bob Dylan) has been a real treat for me, but I must admit the biggest experience has been the re-discovery of stuff I (thought I) knew by heart.

That's really interesting... for me it's been just the opposite: rediscovering my favorite albums in 5.1 has been amazing, but I've listened to most of these albums so many times in stereo that I end up putting the multichannel mixes back on the shelf quite quickly; on the other hand, I find myself listening to bands that I discovered as a result of multichannel releases much more often (Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, King Crimson, Opeth). In either case, multichannel music is the best!!

[video]http://vevo.ly/XckH01[/video]

A brand new video of Roger Waters discussing Jeff Beck's contributions to "Amused to Death".

"I still don't know how he does it," Waters says of Beck. "He's incredibly technically gifted in ways the rest of us can't even begin to think about. He also has incredible pitch. When you play a harmonic and then play a melody on the whammy bar, it's quite extraordinary to listen to."

:)

I'm only gonna get the SACD version if it has different packaging (that's just as good or better) than the CD/Blu-Ray release.
Otherwise, it's just the latter for me, especially so I can custom make a DVD-A copy for any surround-equipped cars. :)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-waters-updated-what-god-wants-video-20150721

Rolling Stone has the exclusive on the updated music video for the remastered album's "What God Wants, Part 1." The clip features Waters and guitarist Jeff Beck, who appears on a handful of Amused to Death tracks, performing the track live in a studio setting.

The video originally debuted in 1992, but in keeping with the bolstered sound of the reissue, the "What Gods Wants" clip gets a visual updating with enhanced graphics, crisper black-and-white footage, a widescreen presentation and better sound and imagery that captures Amused to Death's anti-television and anti-war themes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-waters-updated-what-god-wants-video-20150721

Rolling Stone has the exclusive on the updated music video for the remastered album's "What God Wants, Part 1." The clip features Waters and guitarist Jeff Beck, who appears on a handful of Amused to Death tracks, performing the track live in a studio setting.

The video originally debuted in 1992, but in keeping with the bolstered sound of the reissue, the "What Gods Wants" clip gets a visual updating with enhanced graphics, crisper black-and-white footage, a widescreen presentation and better sound and imagery that captures Amused to Death's anti-television and anti-war themes.

Why now instead of including it (together with the other videos) in the Blu-ray?
What god wants god gets god helps us all...

This was sprayed on the pavement by my house this morning...

I'm guessing it's street art masquerading as part of the reissue campaign rather than out and out vandalism! :D

This was sprayed on the pavement by my house this morning...

I'm guessing it's street art masquerading as part of the reissue campaign rather than out and out vandalism! :D

sherlock_holmes_in_public-domain.jpg

Maybe its an unknown tendancy to go sleep spray painting? :confused:

HOOLIGANS..!!! :yikes

If those teachers hadn't left them kids alone they wouldn't have turned into such DELINQUENTS..!!!! :slap:

(All in all its just a..nother viral marketing campaign on a paving slab, on the floor..!) :phones

I just want to revisit this price...I got this when there was a sale for UNDER $19 with shipping included...BUT..I realize that this is shipping from Australia and it's going to take longer than other sites..so if you aren't in a hurry and would like to save some money...this might be of interest to you....HERE

Another source HERE

I just want to revisit this price...I got this when there was a sale for UNDER $19 with shipping included...BUT..I realize that this is shipping from Australia and it's going to take longer than other sites..so if you aren't in a hurry and would like to save some money...this might be of interest to you....HERE

Another source HERE

Thanks, you continue to save me $$$$. Order at Amazon canceled. :banana:

Back