Roger Waters Amused to Death in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hummm, now you mention Zee, I bought last year a Holland pressing CD. It doesn't look or sound like a fake, but I'm still wondering if it's the real stuff.

Off topic I know but mine is an Australian Import.

CCF04042014_0000.jpg

You win, even stranger than mine!
Maybe we should start another thread about it...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396642567926.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396642567926.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 618
I had to re-read that page twice to understand where they stated it was multi-channel too. It is not. Apparently, it will be using Q-Sound.

Amused To Death was originally mixed using QSound, a virtual surround sound, enhancing the spatial feel of the music along with the various sound effects sprinkled throughout the album. The Analogue Productions' reissue will faithfully preserve this three-dimensional experience.

Hmm. I'm really not familiar with this record at all as I lost track of solo Roger - didn't care for The Wall (which I think of as a solo album basically) Pro's and Con's etc so basically stopped listening. But now a multichannel release gets my attention and I guess I'll have to borrow a friend's copy a give it a few spins to see if I may want the SACD.

Hmm. I'm really not familiar with this record at all as I lost track of solo Roger - didn't care for The Wall (which I think of as a solo album basically) Pro's and Con's etc so basically stopped listening. But now a multichannel release gets my attention and I guess I'll have to borrow a friend's copy a give it a few spins to see if I may want the SACD.

If you don't like "The Wall" or "The Final Cut" chances are you wont like Amused to Death. Personally I think it's a superb album, but I particularly liked Waters influence on Floyd.

Just preordered from Amazon. 32 usd, including shipping cost to Spain. Much cheaper than acoustic sounds.
According to the info posted, it was James Guthrie who convinced Roger to let him do the multichannel mix. That, together with the support from Chad Kassem, gives me some hope for other releases in 5.1 (the wall, hopefully Animals...)
ATD is a very good album, specially the last songs which could have perfectly been part of a Pink Floyd album. For those who have not heard it, Jeff Beck's guitar work stands out and only for that it's worthy a listen.
Pros and Cons would also be nice in surround, by the way...

If you don't like "The Wall" or "The Final Cut" chances are you wont like Amused to Death. Personally I think it's a superb album, but I particularly liked Waters influence on Floyd.

I may be one of only a handful that like The Final Cut more than The Wall.

I was thinking of getting this one, even if it was just stereo. The confirmation of a 5.1 mix tipped the scale. Ordered from Amazon.

I had to re-read that page twice to understand where they stated it was multi-channel too. It is not. Apparently, it will be using Q-Sound.

Thanks for no one's help on figuring if this is a true multi-channel disc offering and not just Q-Sound upconvert. I'll have to assume that someone has read somewhere else that it is other than what I read on the Acoustic Sounds Website.

Thanks for no one's help on figuring if this is a true multi-channel disc offering and not just Q-Sound upconvert. I'll have to assume that someone has read somewhere else that it is other than what I read on the Acoustic Sounds Website.

I guess Im a little confused too. There is this link from Acoustic Sounds saying it will be a true 5.1 mix

http://news.acousticsounds.com/post.cfm/roger-waters-amused-to-death-in-5-1-surround

But I don't see where the Amazon items are 5.1. Are there two releases, both SACD, one stereo Q-sound... the other 5.1? Can someone clarify? I wonder if Guthrie will try to combine the Q sound and the 5.1.... with all the effects on this album, it could be a mind blower.

For my 2 cents to those unfamiliar with solo floyd .... if you like the Gilmour created musical part of Pink Floyd, get a good copy of The Division Bell. If you like the Waters created lyrical parts of the Floyd boys get, Amused to Death. Unfortunately we cant get them combined anymore. They SHOULD try the Elton John/Bernie Taupin method where Waters would send lyrics to Gilmour to set to music. They wouldn't have to even meet in a studio, and I'm sure it would make a fortune for them

Back