Running On Empty Release Date now Nov 2005

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dougi said:
Just read over at Music Tap that Jackson Browne's " Running On Empty " is finally being released as a 2 disc DVD - A on May 24th / 2005
Lets keep our fingers crossed.

You know, today is (and that post was) awfully close to April 1st. Yet there it is on Music Tap. Is this just another April Fools joke? We'll see...

If it ever does materialize, I'll definitely be buying this. It'd be my first Jackson Browne album, though.

One of the websites (amazon, buy.com, ?) recently was taking preorders for the item and said it was to have come out June 7th. I even read someone over at AudioAsylum saying that his copy was supposedly shipping. So I thought maybe this time it was for real, though, I was concerned that Acoustic Sounds, et al were NOT taking preorders at that time. Well... June 7th is done and gone without any site of ROE. Maybe the guy over at AA was just joking. I doubt we'll ever see this thing.

Though this would be nice to have---does anyone else think that Jackson's earlier efforts were better---like Saturate or Late for The Sky (my fav).

Mike

Well, Mike, now that you mention it....I'd have preferred a compilation of Jackson's best sides as an initial offering. After that, just roll the rest of 'em out. Of course I live in eternal hope and frivolous optimism....:D

ED

Time to change that thumbs up to thumbs down, don't ya think?

Bernard Webb said:
Though this would be nice to have---does anyone else think that Jackson's earlier efforts were better---like Saturate or Late for The Sky (my fav).

Mike

I think every longtime Jackson Browne fan feels that Late for The Sky is his best work. I also really enjoy For Everyman just as much. Definately '70s classics for the laid-back minded.

BOSSMAN said:
I think every longtime Jackson Browne fan feels that Late for The Sky is his best work. I also really enjoy For Everyman just as much. Definately '70s classics for the laid-back minded.

I don't think you're going to wind up disappointed... (nor the poster who requested Best of)

ROE - it's November folks.....

Patrick Cleasby said:
Just remember wher you heard it first....NOVEMBER....2005.....I have a good vibe (plus I've been told...)

its up there with Pink Floyd reforming and Cream getting back together to play live, its not supposed to happen !

I have had it on order with PLAY since April so a couple more months is not going to make to much differance !!

Are you sure your not mistaking this for the "Acoustic Live-Vol One" CD that he is releasing in November??? I would hate to see the ROE rumor mill get fired up yet again for the wrong reason just to be let down again...although, at this point, I'm quite used to it...
Tim

timw said:
Are you sure your not mistaking this for the "Acoustic Live-Vol One" CD that he is releasing in November??? I would hate to see the ROE rumor mill get fired up yet again for the wrong reason just to be let down again...although, at this point, I'm quite used to it...
Tim

Nah, this is serious - from the man who has sweated blood about it for the last 4 years or so....!

Patrick Cleasby said:
Nah, this is serious - from the man who has sweated blood about it for the last 4 years or so....!
I'm with ya Pat...it's been a long road with this release w/ LOTs of ups&downs!!!
It seems like forever since i first read about this album being mixed in surround in some suround magazine. I believe Greg Ladanyi did the 5.1 mix.
Let's hope no more snags come up between now and November!!!
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back