Running On Empty Release Date now Nov 2005

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, if Pat says it, there is an EXCELLENT chance that it will happen.

Of course, we're talking ROE here! :eek:

(DVD-A + CD or DualDisc???)

I hope he's right, so we can review it and thank him for this *real* heads-up, finally, 'cause we've sure been waiting long enough!

ED :)

Patrick Cleasby said:
I don't think you're going to wind up disappointed... (nor the poster who requested Best of)

ROE - it's November folks.....

Wow, really? If it's been delayed to tie in with a larger catalogue reissue (ala REM's DVD-A/CD packages), then the wait will have been worth it. November's not far off.

JonUrban said:
Folks, if Pat says it, there is an EXCELLENT chance that it will happen.

Of course, we're talking ROE here! :eek:

(DVD-A + CD or DualDisc???)

It was never going to be a dual disc - too many goodies...

timw said:
I'm with ya Pat...it's been a long road with this release w/ LOTs of ups&downs!!!
It seems like forever since i first read about this album being mixed in surround in some suround magazine. I believe Greg Ladanyi did the 5.1 mix.
Let's hope no more snags come up between now and November!!!
Thx

Yeah, with Jackson's assistance. When I first heard some of it nearly three years ago (!) the issue was that Jackson also used to twiddle with it on his own Nuendo... that was what did for the first 6 months of 2003 IIRC...since then it seems to have been largely legal/marketing issues...

I know for a fact that 18 or so review copies reached the UK in late 2003, only to be pulled back, frustratingly before I could prise one from the PR. One got out in Australia!

If this comes out, what will be the next title of choice for the "Godot" award. (The one we're always waiting for?)

It will be tough to top ROE.

JonUrban said:
If this comes out, what will be the next title of choice for the "Godot" award. (The one we're always waiting for?)

Personally I don't think Moondance will ever appear (it was done!).

Likewise with Joni equally cranky I don't think Blue will ever see the light...

It's been so long I can't even remember the other ones which got close - it then goes to all the missing multis ones - CTTE, Something/anything, Forever Changes, blah blah blah...

Moving onto BMG, weren't there rumours of Annie Lennox Bare?

Universal-wise I don't think those Rush and Steely Dan will ever make it as SACD - maybe Dual Disc, but...

Sony - Couldn't Stand The Weather? Anyway, f*ck them, it's all their fault anyway... (except for the Warners take-forever syndrome....)

EMI - Looking like those Bowies isn't it? ;)

JonUrban said:

Not forgetting on the Indie front the entire Bjork catalogue on SACD for Europe and DVD-A for the states - exactly one year ago, all were completed up to mastering stage....

Oh, and Genesis of course....

Patrick Cleasby said:
Personally I don't think Moondance will ever appear (it was done!).

Likewise with Joni equally cranky I don't think Blue will ever see the light...

It's been so long I can't even remember the other ones which got close - it then goes to all the missing multis ones - CTTE, Something/anything, Forever Changes, blah blah blah...

Moving onto BMG, weren't there rumours of Annie Lennox Bare?

Universal-wise I don't think those Rush and Steely Dan will ever make it as SACD - maybe Dual Disc, but...

Sony - Couldn't Stand The Weather? Anyway, f*ck them, it's all their fault anyway... (except for the Warners take-forever syndrome....)

EMI - Looking like those Bowies isn't it? ;)

The Steely's and the rest of the Elton's are the saddest victims of this lack of interest in SACD or DVD-A. It would really be a sad thing if those never see the light of day.

Bob Romano said:
The Steely's and the rest of the Elton's are the saddest victims of this lack of interest in SACD or DVD-A. It would really be a sad thing if those never see the light of day.
boy, i remember drooling over those first steely dan release dates. i was new at this game, and i casually tossed my old steely dan cd's into a stack i was taking for re-sale, "knowing" they'd soon be replaced by the forthcoming mch sacds. what can i say? - - i was a naive newbie with much to learn about multichannel vaporware release date announcements. (un)fortunately, i understand how things work now a bit more.

Patrick Cleasby said:
Yeah - it says V7 on it - I'm not joking!!

It should be good with all that fooling with it. Or maybe it was good at V2 and now....................

Give us a review please as soon as possible.

Patrick Cleasby said:
It's definitely happening - got a ref copy today - can't wait to get home....!

This iis great new Pat!!! Looking fwd to your comments about it.

PS: Have u heard his latest "Live Acoustic Vol-1 CD? VG recording and sounds great in PL-IIx surround.
TimW

Patrick Cleasby said:
It's definitely happening - got a ref copy today - can't wait to get home....!
You're on the hotseat now, pat :). looking forward to hearing your first impressions asap.

timw said:
This iis great new Pat!!! Looking fwd to your comments about it.

PS: Have u heard his latest "Live Acoustic Vol-1 CD? VG recording and sounds great in PL-IIx surround.
TimW

Live Acoustic is a great CD. I hope there are more volumes to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back