SACDs for $10.98 at Sony Music Web Store [MERGED] (Don't Forget the Discount Codes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just broke down and ordered 20 SACDs. Came to $182 plus tax. Not bad at all, using the AMEX code. Got some dupes, just in case!

I ordered the Aerosmith Hits SACD, even though I know it's stereo only. I wonder how it sounds?

Eugenius said:
It's good to hear "Ship Ahoy" is a quality disc. That's probably the one I'm most looking forward to hearing. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Darryl Hall & John Oates---especially their 70s stuff---and so I've been pining for a little more Philadelphia Soul-influenced music.

That's one of the discs I grabbed as well! I'd also recommend the Isley Brothers "3+3" disc if you don't have it; I got the kids dancing to "Who's That Lady" the other day...

It looks like the sale is over... or at least not as good as it was. Yesterday, well, late yesterday to be more precise, I noticed that prices went up two bucks to $12.98. Everything else on the site still looked the same, though, regarding a 'sale'. So perhaps this is still lower than usual? And I wonder if the Visa and AmEx coupon codes still work? If so, then those are still OK prices and maybe worth checking out. Nonetheless, I'm glad I got in on it when they were $10.98!

bizmopeen said:
That's one of the discs I grabbed as well! I'd also recommend the Isley Brothers "3+3" disc if you don't have it; I got the kids dancing to "Who's That Lady" the other day...

I'm gonna keep that disc in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

Eugenius said:
It looks like the sale is over... or at least not as good as it was. Yesterday, well, late yesterday to be more precise, I noticed that prices went up two bucks to $12.98. Everything else on the site still looked the same, though, regarding a 'sale'. So perhaps this is still lower than usual? And I wonder if the Visa and AmEx coupon codes still work? If so, then those are still OK prices and maybe worth checking out. Nonetheless, I'm glad I got in on it when they were $10.98!

"What a difference a day makes" applies here. I was punished for procrastination. Too bad because I would have ordered more yesterday. The "SHOPVISA" coupon discount still applies (or at least did on 12/31/04).

Eugenius said:

I guess they decided those sale prices were a little too low after the special offers and coupons were applied! :)

Still a good deal though - even at $2 to $3 more per SACD.

Here's an interesting trick the sony store web site is doing. You place your order with the free shipping shown on the screen, then you put in your saveamex code and the next thing you know a shipping charge can appear in an email that's sent later confirming the order. Applying the 20% amex discount can drop your order to under $25, which seems to trigger this special effect. Sony store's call center will be hearing from me on Monday about this.

Trick? No, not at all.....the terms of the sale were clearly stated. My wife and I came to the same realization that the discount would push our order down to under $25, so we went back and added another disc to our order.....the site did let us go back and do this! Call Sony and complain, and they'll probably laugh at you. The real problem was that you simply didn't buy enough discs....*smiles*.....
We couldn't resist getting in on this one either, and also had to pick up Cheap Thrills and Legalize It.....couldn't resist the Incubus 'Live at Red Rocks', (DVD-V) either.....if they did anywhere near as good a job with this as they did with Crow Left Of The Murder, it'll be awesome! Speaking of Incubus, the Sony site announced that a dualdisc DVD-A version of this will be released in Feb....what's up with this? Since when did Sony start issuing anything on DVD-A?

Yours Truly,
john e. bogus

Back