SHM-SACD Reissues Announced by CD Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at the full list of SHM-SACD reissues. Very comprehensive.

One to get, that has been out of print for awhile on SHM-SACD, but is outstanding in sound quality is "The Cat" by Jimmy Smith.
A must have on Stereo SACD!

View attachment 15886
The Cat - Jimmy Smith (Single Layer Stereo SACD, Verve/Universal Japan UCGU-9052)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UCGU-9052

It's a good chance to get the SHM-SACD of Aja; they are pricey now. I felt that it wasn't worth it when I bought it but the more plays the more I love it now.

Kwad Kitty is pressing me to buy this one. Although, he's pressing even more for FISH! He gets medication with salmon daily.

Just looked at the full list of SHM-SACD reissues. Very comprehensive.

One to get, that has been out of print for awhile on SHM-SACD, but is outstanding in sound quality is "The Cat" by Jimmy Smith.
A must have on Stereo SACD!

View attachment 15886
The Cat - Jimmy Smith (Single Layer Stereo SACD, Verve/Universal Japan UCGU-9052)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UCGU-9052

Ok cupboy fess up...you have seen the list of titles..which one's are you interested in?

I've only seen the list that's shown on here. Is there a link for the full list? Doing a search on cd japan is useless and HMV doesn't seem to have any of them listed yet.

update: I found post #13 so got the list now.

Free Fire & Water for sure.

Anyone notice the small print: There's a possibility that some of the titles may not be rereleased at all depending on order quantity.

Kind of scary isn't it?

Tubular bells&Ommadawn will be reissued!!!! Great!!!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Yea, that doesn't look too good. I think I'll just get some more Stones that I passed over last time. Dirty Work for one.

I strongly recommend Tubular Bells 4.0 SACD. The BEST sounding version of that album. I've owned the Philips SACD, US CD, UK CD, CBS 1/2 speed LP, CD-4 (awful), and original US LP. The fidelity is good (for '73), and it is a nice mix.

As to Free's Fire & Water, I'm not that impressed with the SHM-SACD. It sounds far from horrible, yet far from great. Still, it is a 1971 recording. Disclaimer: I never owned this album before, but have a vinyl Best of Free.

I'm seriously considering these and was wondering how they sound and especially compared to previous digital releases?

T. REX ELECTRIC WARRIOR

WHITESNAKE COME AN' GET IT

I'm seriously considering these and was wondering how they sound and especially compared to previous digital releases?

T. REX ELECTRIC WARRIOR

WHITESNAKE COME AN' GET IT

Electric Warrior got some great comments for the SHM-SACD HERE no mention of what it was based on

Whitesnake is based on the 2010 Master and is a hard to find title now HERE

Here is T Rex

I'm going to have to really do some research on these titles; after looking around at my normal hi rez sources there are some hard to get titles included in these 100 titles

Style Council is recommended. I already have it.

I strongly recommend Tubular Bells 4.0 SACD. The BEST sounding version of that album. I've owned the Philips SACD, US CD, UK CD, CBS 1/2 speed LP, CD-4 (awful), and original US LP. The fidelity is good (for '73), and it is a nice mix.

Agreed (as noted above!). The first major label Multichannel SACD release - and still one of the best.

Back