Simple Minds "Once Upon a Time" 30th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Surround DVD-A!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've read that a few tracks on the third disc is this set sound sub standard. Anybody here have any views on the sound quality?

I've had a little check, and even on my laptop speakers via Spotify I can hear a change in quality! Universal have been releasing some interesting sets, but not without annoying issues!

The tracks are very muffled, little content over 13kHz. Something definitely went wrong. This is track 5.

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 9.52.49 PM.png

My pennies have been on lockdown since I bought a guitar in December that's almost certainly worth more than my car, but now that some order has being restored once again, I finally placed an order for this blu ray ... finally :)

The tracks are very muffled, little content over 13kHz. Something definitely went wrong. This is track 5.

View attachment 24838

...and Universal not prepared to fix AGAIN! I love that they're doing some interesting sets, but their quality control is poor, and their accountability worse. I was quite interested in the box set, but playing the four tracks through Spotify through a proper stereo you've got to be hearing impaired not to be able to notice there's a problem.

I just bought the box set and returned it after I read this thread - as I already have the original DVD-A. :eek:

I just bought the box set and returned it after I read this thread - as I already have the original DVD-A. :eek:

So you ordered it by accident? I don't see anything in this thread that's negative about it other than someone reporting that Spotify streaming sounds bad. Well I would have to assume it does.

So you ordered it by accident? I don't see anything in this thread that's negative about it other than someone reporting that Spotify streaming sounds bad. Well I would have to assume it does.

It was on the shelf in my local store - you remember "brick and mortar" stores?

I (incorrectly) thought it had a new surround mix...

At least I got my $$ back quickly and easily.

Not quite. It was three or so tracks that sounded bad, which matched up with reports from others complaining about sound quality of the same tracks in the box.

It was on the shelf in my local store - you remember "brick and mortar" stores?

Oh, back in the day. We had Media Play here. Now we have FYE, but FYE doesn't really count as a store, just a big dumpster full of dead stock used CDs that they paid a buck each for and are trying to unload for $7.99 each.

Oh, back in the day. We had Media Play here. Now we have FYE, but FYE doesn't really count as a store, just a big dumpster full of dead stock used CDs that they paid a buck each for and are trying to unload for $7.99 each.

...and that's worked out pretty well for you now, hasn't it?

Back