Simple Minds "Once Upon a Time" 30th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Surround DVD-A!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A scan of the back cover of the 6-disc set with DVDA from jpc.de:
0602547220721.jpg

:)

An unboxing video (with "class", aka the opposite of Darren Lock) of the Super Deluxe Edition (with DVD-A/V) from Paul Sinclair of SDE.com:
[video=youtube;MMGUj0OR_k4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMGUj0OR_k4[/video]

:)

He compares it to the Tears For Fears box. It would be great if there was a separate surround disc offered like the TFF disc for us surroundheads.

There is a separate HFPA Blu-Ray release for "Once Upon A Time". It has the amazon ASIN of B014GLTRWA so just type that in the search box of the amazon store of your choice to find it.

I gave that ASIN at try and only got the remastered CD on the US Amazon site. There is no sign (yet) of the HFPA BD. <sigh>
Amazon Canada does have the HFPA BD listed, however.

I gave that ASIN at try and only got the remastered CD on the US Amazon site. There is no sign (yet) of the HFPA BD. <sigh>
Amazon Canada does have the HFPA BD listed, however.

Amazon.com (US) just has it listed incorrectly as a CD. That is definitely the # for the Blu-Ray disc, and it comes up as a Blu-Ray disc in pretty much every other amazon store around the globe.

My Blu-Ray arrived yesterday from Amazon UK. Just putting in a couple of tunes now before heading off to work. I had missed out on the original DVD-A back in the day so this is a welcome reissue for me. First impressions are good. Has a nice natural feel to it. Sometimes the rears disappear for short periods, but when they do kick in they're used to very nice effect. Looking forward to a complete listen tomorrow.....

Thanks guys - Markie told me you guys made the jump to QQ, so am glad to make it myself because I've been sulking at the HRA website for the last few weeks lol :)

Haha!! No need to be the Incredible Sulk.. come and have fun with us at QQ..!! :D

(Ps. Did you get my friend request? :eek: )

It seems I don't have 'post quoting' privileges yet, so no doubt my replies will appear shortly after being approved by a moderator, but the gist of them is; I was bored and lonely - and without Ralph's recommendations, briefly wealthy - until Markie told me you guys were here...and I love the smileys :D :cool: :banana: :sun :smokin

EDIT: I don't think I can post anything anymore; perhaps QQ thinks I'm a spambot lol

Last edited:
It seems I don't have 'post quoting' privileges yet, so no doubt my replies will appear shortly after being approved by a moderator, but the gist of them is; I was bored and lonely - and without Ralph's recommendations, briefly wealthy - until Markie told me you guys were here...and I love the smileys :D :cool: :banana: :sun :smokin

EDIT: I don't think I can post anything anymore; perhaps QQ thinks I'm a spambot lol

Welcome! You should not have any issues posting, other than the "link" rule, which is that you need to have at least 10 posts to put a link in your postings. This prevents spammers from jumping in with links to spam sites.

Once you clear 10, you're all set. There are no other restrictions. If you are having issues, PM me or another mod and I will take care of it.

Welcome! You should not have any issues posting, other than the "link" rule, which is that you need to have at least 10 posts to put a link in your postings. This prevents spammers from jumping in with links to spam sites.

Once you clear 10, you're all set. There are no other restrictions. If you are having issues, PM me or another mod and I will take care of it.

Ah, that explains why my posts didn't appear, doh!

Thanks Jon ;)

Back