Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad. Why is that?

I would love to hear Peter Gabriel IV (Security) in surround !

If there was such a strong desire on PG's part to release IV in surround, it would have happened already.
Plus I can't imagine PG would license any of his albums to SW to remix when he has perfectly capable people at his studio and record company that can do the remixing themselves. After all, the PLAY 5.1 mixes are EXCELLENT.

If there was such a strong desire on PG's part to release IV in surround, it would have happened already.
Plus I can't imagine PG would license any of his albums to SW to remix when he has perfectly capable people at his studio and record company that can do the remixing themselves. After all, the PLAY 5.1 mixes are EXCELLENT.

Maybe it hasn't happened yet because PG can't get the time/envy to do it. Maybe SW has convinced him he can do it.

The Play 5.1 mixes are great and all, but not faithful to the albums; and they were done by Daniel Lanois, not "PG's people".

Thanks :) But.... do you mean to say five more than the upcoming YES & XTC & next Genetle Giant? That would be 8 total, or are you including those three in the five count?

math.jpg
;)

Maybe it hasn't happened yet because PG can't get the time/envy to do it. Maybe SW has convinced him he can do it.

The Play 5.1 mixes are great and all, but not faithful to the albums; and they were done by Daniel Lanois, not "PG's people".

I would agree with our esteemed colleague from France. Steven Wilson has convinced enough musical Giants about the power of 5.1, that I think anything is possible now.

BTW... The 20 Surround must have list from SW seems to be deleted from Stereo Review. The list can be found here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Icros...ve_to_be_in_surround_sound_____steven_wilson/

@PK: I am loving you more every day. :brew

I would agree with our esteemed colleague from France. Steven Wilson has convinced enough musical Giants about the power of 5.1, that I think anything is possible now.

BTW... The 20 Surround must have list from SW seems to be deleted from Stereo Review. The list can be found here:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Icros...ve_to_be_in_surround_sound_____steven_wilson/

Not the Zappa family unfortunately :(

Frank Zappa in 5.1 would be sublime and SW wants to do Joe's Garage but Dweezil says 'there is no market'.

My bet is that Purple Rain will be one of the winners, as everything fits: It's definitely an iconic album and was number one, we know that SW likes it and there is a 30th anniversary edition on the works this year: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...due-as-prince-and-warners-sign-new-agreement/

By the power of Greyskull, I hope you're right. There are so many reasons why it shouldn't happen, but it's a mixed-up screwy world...and the thought of SW let loose with any multitracks in Paisley Park gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Actually it was in Sound and Vision and it's still HERE

I wouldn't necessarily consider Fripp (with King Crimson), Ian Anderson (with Jethro Tull), Andy Partridge (with XTC), and Yes as musical GIANTS at least as compared to the likes of U2, Peter Gabriel, Prince, etc.
"Purple Rain" would be cool, but I just can't see surround sound happening for it by SW at this point.

Well Abba would be different and it's on his list of favorites. Great beach music but difficult to experience multichannel in that environment. I actually like Abba but I would prefer Tears for Fears.
Phil

Well Abba would be different and it's on his list of favorites. Great beach music but difficult to experience multichannel in that environment. I actually like Abba but I would prefer Tears for Fears.
Phil

Abba would be an interesting choice. There is a lot going on in those songs with very intelligent use of different tempos and harmonies.

I wouldn't necessarily consider Fripp (with King Crimson), Ian Anderson (with Jethro Tull), Andy Partridge (with XTC), and Yes as musical GIANTS at least as compared to the likes of U2, Peter Gabriel, Prince, etc.
"Purple Rain" would be cool, but I just can't see surround sound happening for it by SW at this point.

U2 suck compared to JT and KG! I could play their stuff with my buttocks. A corporate band pushed by their masters who Bonehead serves.

U2 suck compared to JT and KG! I could play their stuff with my buttocks. A corporate band pushed by their masters who Bonehead serves.

Obviously that's your opinion, but you surely cannot deny the fact that they are of a MUCH bigger stature than KC & JT (even though I like all 3 bands but prefer KC & JT)

Abba would be an interesting choice. There is a lot going on in those songs with very intelligent use of different tempos and harmonies.

Abba have largely missed the surround boat already, given that so many of their albums have recently been reissued with surround sound nowhere in sight for a thousand miles.

I think Abba would be a big seller also. Certainly get the attention of the bean counters. Good for multichannel. We all win, even if you don't like them.
Phil.

I think Abba would be a big seller also. Certainly get the attention of the bean counters. Good for multichannel. We all win, even if you don't like them.
Phil.

No chance of Abba every being mixed in surround.

Back