Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long Distance Voyager would be a winner!

I agree 100%, but who knows if SW really likes that album, plus I feel like if there was a strong desire to get this album out in surround, it would've happened already, especially when the SACDs came out.

Of course I could be wrong. There are SO many amazing songs on that album. I might go listen to it now. :)

I agree 100%, but who knows if SW really likes that album, plus I feel like if there was a strong desire to get this album out in surround, it would've happened already, especially when the SACDs came out.

Of course I could be wrong. There are SO many amazing songs on that album. I might go listen to it now. :)

That's a big part of the equation, SW likes and dislikes. I happen to revisit this 2009 article and notice ABBA HERE

2 albums from 1980's that Steven Wilson listed in his top 20 are:
Peter Gabriel-Security or could it be SO which reached #1
Kate Bush-Hounds of Love

these albums reached #1 in uk but not USA so are they out then?

2 albums from 1980's that Steven Wilson listed in his top 20 are:
Peter Gabriel-Security or could it be SO which reached #1
Kate Bush-Hounds of Love

these albums reached #1 in uk but not USA so are they out then?

I can tell you right now it's a resounding NO for SO and anything Peter Gabriel.
Kate Bush is always a huge wildcard concerning SW and 5.1 as we all know he wants to remix some Kate Bush but I'm not sure it will happen at this point.

Has Steven Wilson ever mentioned anything about U2 or The Police as these 2 albums qualify as being #1 in both UK and USA:
U2-Joshua Tree
Police-Synchronicity
The tweet says that there are "two iconic 80's albums that reached no. 1 in the UK and USA respectively", which I take to mean that they aren't #1 in both countries.

The tweet says that there are "two iconic 80's albums that reached no. 1 in the UK and USA respectively", which I take to mean that they aren't #1 in both countries.

True enough, then I am going with 2 albums from 1985:
Kate Bush-Hounds of Love UK # 1
Tears for Fears-Songs from the Big Chair-USA # 1

I wouldn't interpret it that way. IMO they both were number 1 and perhaps it was number 1 in the UK first(just my opinion here) I think respectively suggests an order(which happened first)

Has Steven Wilson ever mentioned anything about U2 or The Police as these 2 albums qualify as being #1 in both UK and USA:
U2-Joshua Tree
Police-Synchronicity

While both of these would be GREAT, I think they are highly unlikely as U2 seem to be allergic to surround sound for studio related recordings. Plus I don't even know if SW likes U2...
As for "Synchronicity", given the fact that they already remixed songs in 5.1 for the "Every Breath You Take" collection, I think surround sound for this album would have happened already. Seems very unlikely now.

Back