Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to quote myself. :) Its such a rush! :yikes

Thanks for the update RT: (y) :D

More YES 5.1 in Sept/October. What a wonderful surprise that we don't need to wait until Christmas season... :banana:

@Colsky my m8: I love to act like an idiot with and in front of you but I must be dead serious for once:

Why do you think Tales must be next??? Aside from me and 35 others who worship the album it is such a "niche" CD, there is little commercial oomph behind a release into 5.1.

I still don't dare to expect Tales in 5.1. The let down if it doesn't happen would be too much to bear. But Tales would be one of the ultimate recordings by any band to get spread out in glorious 5.1. High The Memory, indeed. :)

@PK: I saw your XTC mention in the other thread. You will not fool me twice and make me post a bad comment about them. ;) I'll make no such degrading remark about XTC or their pre-pubescent fan base or that same fan base's collection of Wham VHS tapes and colored wigs and pantone colored lipstick collection. No sir. Not today. :smack: I promised FredricoAzul I'd have no further part in that Talkin Heads/XTC rigamarole.

Steven feels that doing new stereo and 5.1 surround mixes for albums like "Tales" and "Relayer" will almost do more good than remixing the more popular albums as it not only gives him a chance to perfect those albums sonically to a much greater degree, but it also gives the public the opportunity to really reevaluate these very under appreciated albums. The more successful albums (like "In the Court of the Crimson King", "Aqualung", and "Close to the Edge") get people to dip their toes in the water when it comes to surround, but thanks to his work, not only have the public begun to appreciate albums like "Lizard" and "Islands" to a much greater degree (and I think the same thing will hold true for "A Passion Play"), but he has been able to successfully change the hearts and minds of the men who made those records (like Fripp and Ian Anderson) so now they appreciate them for the first time since writing and recording them. (Plus "Tales" is Steven's favorite Yes record, FYI…)

Also, DMJ, think about this: every time you insult XTC and their fan-base, you are insulting the great one himself (SW), who considers XTC to be among his top 5 favorite bands of all time. Let that sit on your conscience for a while… ;)

gutted.. :( the first time we've not made it in what 20 years or something!? drowning my sorrows while the bf watches bleedin' Nashville :friday:

The film or TV show?

The film is brilliant, easily one of the greatest films I have ever watched.
Can't say the same about the TV show cause I have never really checked it out.

(OK that's enough off-topic posting for me tonight) ;)

Why do you think Tales must be next??? Aside from me and 35 others who worship the album it is such a "niche" CD, there is little commercial oomph behind a release into 5.1.

Make that 36. If this really heappens I'll take a week off, just to have enough time to listen to it.

The film or TV show?

The film is brilliant, easily one of the greatest films I have ever watched.
Can't say the same about the TV show cause I have never really checked it out.

(OK that's enough off-topic posting for me tonight) ;)

The TV show rt., lots of people rave about it (including him!) but it's all a bit one dimensional to me. I've never seen the Nashville movie, I'll check it out (y)

Also, DMJ, think about this: every time you insult XTC and their fan-base, you are insulting the great one himself (SW), who considers XTC to be among his top 5 favorite bands of all time. Let that sit on your conscience for a while… ;)

Ouch.

That one hurt.:mad:@: Hmm, I think I'll send PK a PM and ask him to stop making me say those silly things.. Top 5, really?

Glad to hear that Tales is so high on SW's list. Perhaps I can raise my expectations a bit.

@FredBlue & Colsky: Sorry bout England Soccer. Is it possible that anybody is worse than USA Soccer? That is kinda crazy. When you lot are ready for
some football, go here:

http://www.nfl.com/

(y)

Ouch.

That one hurt.:mad:@: Hmm, I think I'll send PK a PM and ask him to stop making me say those silly things.. Top 5, really?

As they say, this too shall pass...Close your eyes. Now imagine yourself in a happy place, your sweet spot, sounds of Quadrophenia flowing over you, infusing your body with the drums of Moon. Life again is good. Nothing can replace this feeling. Now open your eyes, get up from the sweet spot. Turn it up to effin' 11!! Go back to your sweet spot :smokin

Five more Steven Wilson classic album remixes are to be released this year, including two iconic 80’s albums that reached number 1 in the UK and USA respectively. All should be officially announced over the next few weeks.

(From SW's Facebook and Twitter pages)

Let the guessing begin! :)

Five more Steven Wilson classic album remixes are to be released this year, including two iconic 80’s albums that reached number 1 in the UK and USA respectively. All should be officially announced over the next few weeks.

Thanks :) But.... do you mean to say five more than the upcoming YES & XTC & next Genetle Giant? That would be 8 total, or are you including those three in the five count?

I posted this news in the Rumours section. It's better here as it's not a rumour :mad:@:

Anyway, I think it's 5 in total. Looking at the list of 80s number 1s in the UK, there are some amazing albums. I quite like that it would be Marillion Misplaced Childhood.

Thanks :) But.... do you mean to say five more than the upcoming YES & XTC & next Genetle Giant? That would be 8 total, or are you including those three in the five count?

I think this includes "Drums & Wires" (XTC), "Beat" (King Crimson), the next Yes 5.1 release, and then the two iconic 80s albums.
I don't think another Gentle Giant remix release is planned until early next year.

I think this includes "Drums & Wires" (XTC), "Beat" (King Crimson), the next Yes 5.1 release, and then the two iconic 80s albums.
I don't think another Gentle Giant remix release is planned until early next year.

I think so too - Drums & Wires, Beat, Tales (?), and 2 80s albums.

Wasn't 90125 a US number 1?

The Number Of The Beast! :p

Roxy Music, Kate Bush... there's a few in there that are up SW's street (not many though..).

what struck me looking back through that list of 80's UK Number 1 albums is how much rubbish got to Number 1 over here..!!

It is the 30th anniversary of Born in the USA...

That said, Bruce has always been ultra-protective of his stuff, so not sure he'd let an outsider do the work. Adam, Number of the Beast would be SuWEEET. :)

The Number Of The Beast! :p

Roxy Music, Kate Bush... there's a few in there that are up SW's street (not many though..).

what struck me looking back through that list of 80's UK Number 1 albums is how much rubbish got to Number 1 over here..!!

Hasn't Welcome to the Pleasuredome been rumoured before?

Back