Steven Wilson: "To The Bone" (new album)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what makes me really excited about this album:
More information: Fusing driving futurist rock and spectral electronics to elegiac hyper-space ambience and dizzying, squalling guitars, To The Bone is Steven Wilson’s hat-tip to the hugely ambitious progressive pop records of his youth (think Peter Gabriel’s So, Talk Talk’s Colour of Spring, Tears for Fears Seeds of Love).

:)

This is what makes me really excited about this album:

Wow, that sounds amazing! And the artwork sort of reflects that era, so I guess it makes sense.

I've really missed some of the space-rock stuff from PT's early albums, and also missed some of the extended jams and improvs, ala Moonloop. I'd really like to hear what the new band can do with material like that.

He's posted the listening video for Pariah:
[video=youtube;HXNE_l1YUHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXNE_l1YUHU[/video]

Have been trying to access Headphone Dust for half an hour. His Instagram post was only a couple of minutes old, but the site had already crashed to order the Deluxe edition. Apparently some have ordered it already but don't know how?

Signed, Frustrated in Australia. :(

The deluxe edition is available to order here:
https://store.universalmusic.com/stevenwilson/*/*/To-The-Bone-Box-Set/5IVP0000000

However, I backed out as soon as I saw the shipping charge, and I was sure to let both Universal Music and Steven Wilson know how ridiculous the shipping charges for the deluxe edition really are!

(n) :( :violin :mad::confused: :mad:@: :yikes :howl

Thank you for the link. I ordered....my completist nature got the best of me as I have all the PT/SW deluxes and didn't want to miss out and this seemed to be the only way at the moment. 35 pounds delivery is a bit steep though, considering the Sgt Pepper deluxe was 4 pounds shipping to Australia on Amazon yesterday! :rolleyes:

I really want the deluxe edition, but since the Universal store insists on charging $55 for shipping, I have decided to order a Blu-Ray from Burning Shed with insured shipping for $30 total. Much better!

Bit annoying when you sign up for the updates and newsletters as instructed through his website, and then nothing. I just happened to be on Instagram when the announcement was made.
I also signed up and see an email at 12:03. But I would not be surprised if these would land up in a spam folder her and there as the subject looks really strange.

I did order, postage to NL is €25. Not bad for such a heavy item. Still a pity that Burning Shed or Headphone Dust is not allowed to sell the set. Hope SW is not forgetting the people who made him big.

I really want the deluxe edition, but since the Universal store insists on charging $55 for shipping, I have decided to order a Blu-Ray from Burning Shed with insured shipping for $30 total. Much better!

I caved in and ordered with that ABSURD delivery charge for the box set. What IS "courier" service to the US? Hand delivered by a UK gent fly-in? Probably something insanely difficult to sign for...I remember getting a heavy John Martyn box direct from Universal Music was a total fiasco...

https://store.universalmusic.com/stevenwilson/*/*/To-The-Bone-Box-Set/5IVP0000000

However, I backed out as soon as I saw the shipping charge, and I was sure to let both Universal Music and Steven Wilson know how ridiculous the shipping charges for the deluxe edition really are!
The response I got from "Rob" at the SW Facebook page was: "US store fulfilment isn't live yet, but will be today." I took that to mean shipping should and will be cheaper starting sometime today for US shoppers.

EDIT: I just checked, and while it has gone down from the ridiculous $55, it's still sky-high at $35. I think that actually puts the full delivered price on-par with previous deluxe editions dating back to the first one, but I'd honestly be more inclined to buy it if the price were $85 and the shipping $15. It just irks me that a courier (UPS, FedEx, or whoever) would charge more than half the price of a not very large nor heavy item for shipping.

Less Ridiculous Shipping.jpg

I'll shoot this back to "Rob" and find out if it's the final pricing.

I complained about the same on twitter. 25€ shipping to Spain is too much. The excuse they put is they have to use courier to prevent any damage compared to regular post. A bit ridiculous argument from my point of view.
I'm holding off buying the deluxe for now, may downgrade to the regular CD for the first time since SW started offering special editions. A pity

I complained about the same on twitter. 25€ shipping to Spain is too much. The excuse they put is they have to use courier to prevent any damage compared to regular post. A bit ridiculous argument from my point of view.
I'm holding off buying the deluxe for now, may downgrade to the regular CD for the first time since SW started offering special editions. A pity

Don't you mean the regular blu ray?!

Don't you mean the regular blu ray?!
That I didn't check, if I finally order the regular bluray most likely I'll use Amazon or buy it directly at a physical store. 25€ is the shipping rate for the 60€ deluxe edition to Spain

(n) :( :violin :mad::confused: :mad:@: :yikes :howl

Maybe, just maybe, that shipping is listed incorrectly. Surely they can't charge that much! I tried for deluxe as well, but appears site is down...at least I can't access it. Yeah, I received email notice as well.

Ordered the DVD/blu ray from good ol' reliable Burning Shed (£17.93 including postage).

Concerning the Deluxe Edition, I really don't see the point of the 7" with one unreleased track? Folks obviously buy the book for the art, the extra audio material and I can only assume the CD / Blu-ray / DVD as that is the format they want to play. I'd guess that most of these people can't even play the vinyl anyway (I could be wrong!) and there is already an 'exclusive' CD in the deluxe edition so why not just put it on that too? Is it just a way of adding 'value' to the book as HCE had all of those nice extras? To me it's just a waste, put a 7" in with the LP!

Last edited:
Back