Symbion Project - Misery in Soliloquy (quad surround + stereo cd)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for those who are interested…

The artwork for Misery in Soliloquy was done by Clifford Stoltze of Stoltze Design in Boston MA who also did the lovely artwork for my Immortal Game release.
Dorothea Van Camp is an amazing artist in Boston who contributed her artwork to the album packaging as well as each song on the DVD is accompanied by one of her works:
http://unit35.fatcow.com/dvc/indexPC.html

Hopefully the DVDs are starting to arrive on your doorsteps and that you're enjoying the music!

cheers

Kasson

And for those who are interested…

The artwork for Misery in Soliloquy was done by Clifford Stoltze of Stoltze Design in Boston MA who also did the lovely artwork for my Immortal Game release.
Dorothea Van Camp is an amazing artist in Boston who contributed her artwork to the album packaging as well as each song on the DVD is accompanied by one of her works:
http://unit35.fatcow.com/dvc/indexPC.html

Hopefully the DVDs are starting to arrive on your doorsteps and that you're enjoying the music!

cheers

Kasson

Its a beauty all round! I do hope you create more surround music before too long, I'm in! :)

Just got mine, thanks Kasson. I'm giving it a listen now, already looking forward to getting to know it better.

Dammit....still waiting on mine. LMAO....I tend to be impatient....
Probably just delivered to the wrong address. Some kid with peanut butter coated hands is trying to make it fly right now.:eek:I know the feeling.

OK, received my copy today.....very, very nice. I LOVE the way this sounds....lots of nice discreet surround stuff going Kasson - this is excellent, moody music. I'm impressed. Playing it for my wife now......

My Klipsch handle it well.

I put this on top of the turntable in the too play pile and it must have dropped down the back of the equipment rack, because I found it yesterday! So my first listen and I think its really good, excellent Quad mix, and I like the music. To me a bit like a morphed mixture of Tangerine Dream and Japan! Great disc.

When is the next Quad/5.1 album Kasson?

So, this is a winner. Mostly chill music, but it gets a little intense at times. Mostly in a down-beat kind of way though.
I don't always loooove the Postal Service style male vocal, but it is nice enough and fits the music. Other elements are very, very nice.
Quite pleased. Mix is great. Let's continue to support this release!

Finally just got to this one in the listening pile. Wow, I really liked it! The mix is dynamite. While the music is not specifically in my favorite genre, there is plenty there to like, and I plan to revisit this disc multiple times. I really encourage QQers to demo the music on the web, and if it appeals at all, you cannot go wrong with this mix. Recommended!

I sent him an encouraging email, and would not hesitate to buy more of his stuff. He has a new one coming in September. Anyone know if it is mixed in surround?

Hello all! Kasson here from Symbion Project.

First off, THANKS for all the support you've given me for the "Misery in Soliloquy" DVD quad release, both in purchasing it and the feedback you've given me on it and the surround audio process! I really appreciate all of it.

I've just release a new album (in stereo) called Arcadian and for those that enjoyed the vibe of Misery, I think you'll love this new album.
It features some really talented vocalists including Melissa who sang on a handful of songs on Misery. There are beds of strings and synthesizers over mostly chill drum programming.
It's definitely a spiritual successor to that album.
You can purchase the album on CD or digital, and there is an option for a lasercut metal logo version that comes with a 24bit download of the album as well (although admittedly that option is pretty expensive).
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/arcadian
You can preview 4 songs from the album here: https://soundcloud.com/symbionproject/sets/arcadian-private-album-preview

Ok, so the news you're probably waiting to hear is that I'm about to start mixing it in Quad surround!
I do know that I will not be manufacturing DVD's though due to the expense, menu authoring hassles, and irritating shipping costs (esp to UK, Europe).
I'll likely just allow a purchase to download a variety of formats:
- DTS
- 4 wav/aif lossless audio files, 48KHz/24bit
- FLAC (4 audio files)

Does this seem the best way to go? For those that require the audio to be on a DVD or DVD-A is there a solution that would allow you to burn one of the above formats onto a DVD and play it in your systems like a CD (i.e. no need for a DVD navigable menu)? Is there another encoded format I should consider that won't cost me an expensive piece of software or license?

Ok, thanks again all and I'll update this thread as I make progress!

cheers

Kasson
www.symbionproject.com

It's great to see you on here again, Kasson. I absolutely love Misery in Soliloquy. I can't really help you with the technical aspects, but FLAC 5.1 (or most likely 4.0, in your case), does seem like the most pragmatic and accessible way to go. Whatever you decide to do, you've definitely got my full support, and I can't wait to hear it!

Hello all! Kasson here from Symbion Project.

First off, THANKS for all the support you've given me for the "Misery in Soliloquy" DVD quad release, both in purchasing it and the feedback you've given me on it and the surround audio process! I really appreciate all of it.

I've just release a new album (in stereo) called Arcadian and for those that enjoyed the vibe of Misery, I think you'll love this new album.
It features some really talented vocalists including Melissa who sang on a handful of songs on Misery. There are beds of strings and synthesizers over mostly chill drum programming.
It's definitely a spiritual successor to that album.
You can purchase the album on CD or digital, and there is an option for a lasercut metal logo version that comes with a 24bit download of the album as well (although admittedly that option is pretty expensive).
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/arcadian
You can preview 4 songs from the album here: https://soundcloud.com/symbionproject/sets/arcadian-private-album-preview

Ok, so the news you're probably waiting to hear is that I'm about to start mixing it in Quad surround!
I do know that I will not be manufacturing DVD's though due to the expense, menu authoring hassles, and irritating shipping costs (esp to UK, Europe).
I'll likely just allow a purchase to download a variety of formats:
- DTS
- 4 wav/aif lossless audio files, 48KHz/24bit
- FLAC (4 audio files)

Does this seem the best way to go? For those that require the audio to be on a DVD or DVD-A is there a solution that would allow you to burn one of the above formats onto a DVD and play it in your systems like a CD (i.e. no need for a DVD navigable menu)? Is there another encoded format I should consider that won't cost me an expensive piece of software or license?

Ok, thanks again all and I'll update this thread as I make progress!

cheers

Kasson
www.symbionproject.com

Hi Kasson and welcome to QQ! :)

I'm glad you've joined us here. As I told you in my e-mail, I love your Quad mix Misery in Soliloquy album and the is amazing and I knew that many here would love to pick your brains on your music and appreciation for Mutichannel music.

I'm very happy to learn that you've decided to offer a Quad mix of your recent album as well. I for one would love a physical release, so a DTS CD would be fine for me. If not, I'll be happy to purchase a Multichannel Download (the 4 wav/aif lossless audio files, 48KHz/24bit option sounds good to me).

I'm looking forward to hear it. :)

Wow, amazing news! I will definitely be buying the FLAC files.

I think the options you offer are perfectly adequate; I do believe most of us have players that play FLAC files.

Back