The Collection: An Adventure In Sound - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (May 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you all get too fired up, the cover shown is not the actual cover of whatever disc may come out. Artists/Titles and graphics were not yet set as the catalog went to print. A sampler is in the mix but it may not be the exact sampler and artist list that is printed in that catalog.

Just sayin' :)

Before you all get too fired up, the cover shown is not the actual cover of whatever disc may come out. Artists/Titles and graphics were not yet set as the catalog went to print. A sampler is in the mix but it may not be the exact sampler and artist list that is printed in that catalog.

Just sayin' :)

Actually....that's COOL! Because now it's still very much a big SURPRISE!!! :mad:@:

Actually....that's COOL! Because now it's still very much a big SURPRISE!!! :mad:@:

Baby what a big surprise! Maybe there'll be some Chicago Quad on it.. either way AF will probably get some of this juicy stuff to SACD before MoFi (and there's will only be in stereo anyway... :eek: )

Snood called AF up..............asked about the ad on page 53 of the magazine and if it was released as yet or was gonna be..........

The lady kindly said, "nah not yet, that is a teaser for a future demo release sometime mid 2016." :banana:

In my heart there is:)...of course I'm the same guy that believes Eddie and The Cruisiers is a documentary film:ugham: and Jim Morrison is still living in France:burnout
Speaking of Jim Morrison, you may want to become a member. Members get them first. Sign up now.

Snood called AF up..............asked about the ad on page 53 of the magazine and if it was released as yet or was gonna be..........

The lady kindly said, "nah not yet, that is a teaser for a future demo release sometime mid 2016." :banana:

Snood, maybe you should get that lady's cell phone number for future inside SACD info from the 'secretive' hollowed walls of Audio Fidelity. :cool:

I hope the BOC (if it makes it onto the disc) is Astronomy....

I hope the BOC (if it makes it onto the disc) is Astronomy....

Yes! Anything off the album would be wonderful!

Did you try the SQ of that track thru your Surround Master? It makes a good fist of it I reckon!

Tbh those two BOC Quads have become some of my most played SQ LPs, the mixes are super active and up the entertainment levels big time.. though I think some may take issue with vocal vs instrument balances being a bit out of whack if the Quad tapes are the same as the LP, certain things are pretty pulled back and others more upfront relative to the stereo.. but as a hugely engaging and exciting alternative to the 2-channel it's quite a thrill ride!

Above all it would be nice to finally hear it no longer hamstrung by SQ decoding and limitations or "features" of old vinyl and the erm.. limitations (etc) of Q8, well just without it being on Q8 or SQ LP really would be great..! :eek:

Snood no trust my word? :lookaround

trustbutverify.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeverybody body knows that our fearless leader's posts sometimes contain many secret esoteric codes and messages. :banana:

Snood had me Jon decoder ring on :smokin

In fact, the message above only points to me trusting A word not "words"..........hmmm which word is Jon referring to in the original message. Must decode that post more, not only that, but Jon beginning to talk like Snood. Must connect dots :mad:@:

Back