The Collection: An Adventure In Sound - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (May 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will know what we're supposed to know when we're supposed to know it (or shortly before then anyway)
Otherwise, Audio Fidelity would end up being like Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions or Mobile Fidelity with announcements of an SACD reissue followed by months (if not years) of waiting for an exact release date.

BOC, The Isley Bros, E,W & F, Santana, The O'Jays....!!?

The suspense is kill in' me. :bounce17 :bounce17 :bounce17 :bounce17

We will know what we're supposed to know when we're supposed to know it (or shortly before then anyway)
Otherwise, Audio Fidelity would end up being like Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions or Mobile Fidelity with announcements of an SACD reissue followed by months (if not years) of waiting for an exact release date.

In the meantime, don't forget the Multichannel SACDs now available from Audio Fidelity. :)

In the meantime, don't forget the Multichannel SACDs now available from Audio Fidelity. :)

I'm happy to say that I'm basically all caught up on getting the Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs I want, with "Muscle of Love" and my repurchase of "Blood Sweat & Tears" on the way. Not really that interested in Judy Collins and the R&B titles, but I did put Sly & The Family Stone on a Christmas wishlist. :)

Yes! Anything off the album would be wonderful!

Did you try the SQ of that track thru your Surround Master? It makes a good fist of it I reckon!

Tbh those two BOC Quads have become some of my most played SQ LPs, the mixes are super active and up the entertainment levels big time.. though I think some may take issue with vocal vs instrument balances being a bit out of whack if the Quad tapes are the same as the LP, certain things are pretty pulled back and others more upfront relative to the stereo.. but as a hugely engaging and exciting alternative to the 2-channel it's quite a thrill ride!

Above all it would be nice to finally hear it no longer hamstrung by SQ decoding and limitations or "features" of old vinyl and the erm.. limitations (etc) of Q8, well just without it being on Q8 or SQ LP really would be great..! :eek:

Yes - I did ... sounds great via the Surround Maestro SQ Vinyl (y)

This compo sounds like a winner...

Are there content details on this somewhere??? Thanks!

This is an early rough draft of the front cover that Brian Moura posted:
attachment.php

Keep in mind however that the exact artists and content of the SACD are still TBD, but regardless, it should be great! :)

As soon as I or Brian get permission, we will post the jpg of the final cover. And a new thread will be created specifically for this disc, as it will generate a LOT of questions!

Until then, save yer pennies........... :)

As soon as I or Brian get permission, we will post the jpg of the final cover. And a new thread will be created specifically for this disc, as it will generate a LOT of questions!

Oh hell yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you wonderful delightful tease of a man all at the same time even! ..excitement quotient = ultra high.. ! :ugham:

hahaha! Oh hell yeah!

Hehe ;)

Gene Genie you have NOOO idea how pant-pissingly excited I am at the succulently juicy mouth-watering prospect of Quad selections of Harold Melvin, the Isley Bros, the O'Jays, Santana, etc.. Fresh from the master tapes and given the Audio Fidelity surround SACD treatment... Roll on Summer...!!!! :banana:

I (heard through the grapevine) that more than one various artists collection was being worked on. It could be a one-two punch release schedule. It probably depends on how many tracks can be cleared for takeoff.

I just want more album rock and hard rock releases. But I can't complain because we got Alice Cooper and that was an important one to get other than the fact that there was a decent Q4 conversion already out there.

So anyway, the Columbia vaults are just begging to be excuvated for some Rock & Roll. R&B is great, but I want to rock and let my neighbors know that I have not mellowed out one bit!

Johnny, Edgar, BOC, Aerosmith, the real stuff!!!! You see, Shock Treatment and Get Your Wings were never on dsd SACD!!! And Saints and Sinners I like a lot too. BOC I would expect to sound killer as well.

You see how this line of quad-super-discs has a long way to go yet! Just getting warmed up yet.

It certainly would be cool if Audio Fidelity could manage to pull off two Quadraphonic Sampler SACDs, one from the Sony catalogue (which would be the one pictured above) and one from the Warner catalogue. Both labels' catalogues have lots of great tracks that could be exploited on sampler collections, so hope springs eternal once again! :)

Back