The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Quadrophenia Pure Audio BD been spinning for awhile now. the 5.1 is good. Not to heavy in the surrounds. A tad light in the bass but man you can really here Pete's work shinning and Moon's drumming is standout with his cymbals sounds like, well cymbals. I like it.

This is why you need a selection of players. Not just one. My living room looks like a audio showroom to some people.

Thanks, Elroy. I finally got it to load and play. Initially, on my first go-round, I cleaned the bottom side first. No go. Then I cleaned the top also, per another QQ'rs suggestion. Then it loaded and played. However, the DTS MA side started dropping out on track 2. So I went back to the menu and tried the Dubbly TRUE HD side, and that worked, without a hitch (so, everyone, what audible difference would one hear between the DTS MA and the TRUE HD? Anyone?). Hmph. I also was in contact throughout the day with OPPO Support, e-messaging back and forth. Gotta give props to OPPO for being available on a SUNDAY!!! Quite surprising, I must say. I'm not giving up on playing the DTS MA. Baby steps. Thanks everybody!

I ordered the Blu-ray Studio Album from the USamazon today for $15.89 plus $3.99 shipping. It's a secondary source but it's under the correct listing. Keeping my fingers crossed because I hesitated on the pre-order and the price shot up, was waiting for QQ reviews.

I ordered the Blu-ray Studio Album from the USamazon today for $15.89 plus $3.99 shipping. It's a secondary source but it's under the correct listing. Keeping my fingers crossed because I hesitated on the pre-order and the price shot up, was waiting for QQ reviews.

Was that from "Beaches Entertainment?" FWIW, I've purchased from them previously. Four times no problem. Fifth time never got the disc after waiting about 4 weeks. They came across as unaware and indifferent to the issue but refunded my $$. Delivery date looks good so I think you're fine. (y)

My Quadrophenia Pure Audio BD been spinning for awhile now. the 5.1 is good. Not to heavy in the surrounds. A tad light in the bass but man you can really here Pete's work shinning and Moon's drumming is standout with his cymbals sounds like, well cymbals. I like it.

I posted this in another forum and it was deleted. Looked at what others were saying it all said it was perfect, best one ever done. Guess I said something wrong?

I posted this in another forum and it was deleted. Looked at what others were saying it all said it was perfect, best one ever done. Guess I said something wrong?

Do you mean another forum or this forum in another thread? I see it at Post #401. Cymbals sound like cymbals (y)

"I posted this in another forum and it was deleted. Looked at what others were saying it all said it was perfect, best one ever done. Guess I said something wrong?"

I read and appreciated your earlier post and now have the disc itself. As far as deleted comments or observations, this doesn't seem to be an issue here. Getting back to the Studio Album, I agree that there is much more going on in the surround than I'd noticed before. Still, I'm underwhelmed because it sounds "thin" to me. It was a first listening though.

Last edited:
Do you mean another forum or this forum in another thread? I see it at Post #401. Cymbals sound like cymbals (y)

Another audio forum. They left the My Quadrophenia Pure Audio BD been spinning for awhile now. the 5.1 is good. Not to heavy in the surrounds.
The rest was deleted.

I have ordered this from Canada; should arrive my next Saturday; I will post my feelings on it then, raw and uncut, good or bad.

The one I ordered from amazon.com quite some time ago has just shipped. Interesting how on the site it says item under review.

I assume this thread refers to the music only BD. Otherwise, nevermind!

Back