The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The update I got from amazon correctly identified the BR as the studio album so at least they have that straight. I watched the Quad concert I recorded from Palladia last night. Well done but seemed to lose its pace at times. I probably won't buy it unless I get a big discount. Just my opinion, YMMV.

That's all fine and well as I have plenty of very good mixes as well. According to DMJ, this is the biggest 10, the 10 of all 10's, the mother of all 10's. This, from a man that doesn't just throw out 10's willy-nilly. Could this be...gulp...an 11? The wait is too much to take :yikes

:spot :banana: :smoking :D :woopie :bounce :phones

Lads, my work here is done(Yep, my purpose was to help one poor soul grow a sense of humor!) And wow, I think I created a monster. :yikes

"...a man that doesn't just throw out 10's willy-nilly" :rolleyes:

Ok, seriously. PK, my friend: I am truly happy you have passion & can't contain your expectations & excitement for Quadrophenia. That means you will really phookin enjoy it when it arrives! For real bro. Music = emotion = happiness = life. Word. I am glad there is some life in this place, after all.

But:

Why didn't you just eat the extra $$ and cancel your pre-order from Amazon and buy direct from UMG UK?(Like I did). I wasn't gonna wait one more day than I had to get this gem.

I even ordered better rear surrounds for this gem. I now have Definitive Technology speakers all around me. :51banana:

@the group: 44 English pounds buys the Super Deluxe edition now with partial 5.1 DVD-A. Was this always available?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quadropheni...ia-+The+Director's+Cut+(Super+Deluxe+Edition)

Why didn't you just eat the extra $$ and cancel your pre-order from Amazon and buy direct from UMG UK?(Like I did). I wasn't gonna wait one more day than I had to get this gem.

That's the $64.00 question. At the time I didn't know which of the QQ Shamans to follow. Little did I know it was you who would have led me out of the haze of confusion (or could it have been one too many beers??) and into the light of 5.1 clarity. Ah, the rigors of being a newbie...:eek:

That's the $64.00 question. At the time I didn't know which of the QQ Shamans to follow.

Answer: "We are all Bozos on this bus".... follow the gourd or the shoe, I advise.

[video=youtube;Ka9mfZbTFbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9mfZbTFbk[/video]

Little did I know it was you who would have led me out of the haze of confusion

Ok Pal, I do the "patronizing & mocking" around here, umm kay??? (y)

(or could it have been one too many beers??) and into the light of 5.1 clarity. Ah, the rigors of being a newbie...:eek:

Excessive drinking usually brings clarity to all things sonic related(my experience). As far as real purchasing advice. I will take it in the can for a price around $50 but if it is over $100 I'll let the rich folk here like RT & FredBlue & iMachine fall on that grenade. But if you can afford to live in LA you should have no problems buying any of this stuff. (y)

Answer: "We are all Bozos on this bus".... follow the gourd or the shoe, I advise.

mind.jpg

I'm not a massive visitor to the forum - in fact this is the only sound release I've been interested in that's come out during my time on the forum, and I don't know if this is normal but does the discussion always deviate over to undelivered packages and receiving the product late?

I've tried to discuss the product itself and there doesn't seem to be much response.

Two wrongs don't make a right and I'm not having a go at the SH Forum at all but just to illustrate about this very point, I'm watching a thread over at the SHF..

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...sacd-crank-it-up-and-get-it-on.349280/page-29

..29 pages long, about 28 and a half pages are of people talking about anything but what the discs sound like (and they're out, even though they haven't been out v.long, there's many many more members there than here and relative to the numbers more of them than QQ-ers are bound to have those discs as they're AF members) .. still, "when's it being shipped?".. "when will it arrive!?" ..etc.. dominate the thread..

..and when I asked what one solitary track sounded like, I got just one response along the lines of they'd never heard the other masterings I had referenced but I should be assured it sounds the best it ever has because SH mastered it :mad:@:

these forums are populated by fanatical excitable types by definition.. so it happens here too when QQers' excitement (and impatience) boil over but really this place isn't the worst offender.. and besides the Quadrophenia Blu-ray hasn't been out long and many people here outside Europe don't have it yet so maybe hang tight and the conversation will flow more in the direction you want it to :)

I've the box set, but haven't got round to listening to it yet. I have such a massive pile of 5.1 release, box sets, and CDs that have arrived in the last week (which explains the rather scarily excessively large credit card bill that arrived as well, and its all on music!), its going to take some time to listen to it.

Two wrongs don't make a right and I'm not having a go at the SH Forum at all but just to illustrate about this very point, I'm watching a thread over at the SHF..

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...sacd-crank-it-up-and-get-it-on.349280/page-29

..29 pages long, about 28 and a half pages are of people talking about anything but what the discs sound like (and they're out, even though they haven't been out v.long, there's many many more members there than here and relative to the numbers more of them than QQ-ers are bound to have those discs as they're AF members) .. still, "when's it being shipped?".. "when will it arrive!?" ..etc.. dominate the thread..

..and when I asked what one solitary track sounded like, I got just one response along the lines of they'd never heard the other masterings I had referenced but I should be assured it sounds the best it ever has because SH mastered it :mad:@:

these forums are populated by fanatical excitable types by definition.. so it happens here too when QQers' excitement (and impatience) boil over but really this place isn't the worst offender.. and besides the Quadrophenia Blu-ray hasn't been out long and many people here outside Europe don't have it yet so maybe hang tight and the conversation will flow more in the direction you want it to :)

I didn't even have to click on your link because I knew what thread you were talking about. It should be named either the "shipping thread" or the "SH worship thread". I'm hearing from more reliable sources that these discs are "crap" but if you read this thread you would think it's Moondance or Aqualung they are talking about. About the only useful information I can find over there is that if something new comes out I can research it elsewhere.

My disc arrived, I played it, and it's now sitting on my shelf. I can post a pictures from various angles if anyone is interested. :yikes

I'm not a massive visitor to the forum - in fact this is the only sound release I've been interested in that's come out during my time on the forum, and I don't know if this is normal but does the discussion always deviate over to undelivered packages and receiving the product late?

I've tried to discuss the product itself and there doesn't seem to be much response.

Hi ChDe,

There are several Quadrophenia fanatics here who would be happy to talk about the live & studio 5.1 release. I c u have been here for 1.5 years but you only have 22 posts. Don't be bashful. Post what you think and you'll get replies. :)

What did you think of the release?

My Quadrophenia Pure Audio BD is arriving today via Amazon but I probably won't have time to listen to it until this weekend. Is there a separate "Vote" Thread for this one?

Dude, I've had my 5.1 disc for like "forever" and I've played it like one thousand times. So I'm like...."Why bother?".... Get with the program.(y) We are now talkin bout Who's Next & Who By Numbers in 5.1. Within a year we will get one. ;)

If you are a real part here...then you will even talk about castles :)...
Hey Mr. Moore....say something! :)

If you are a real part here...then you will even talk about castles :)...
Hey Mr. Moore....say something! :)

umm...well.... Ah!

XTC is a lovely band with lovely fans. (y)

Next: The best castles can be found mostly in England. ;)

3rd: If you learn a second language chances are you will make time with more women.

Lastly: This is what I want for Christmas(Obviously in 5.1). :smokin

the-who-whos-next-1995-back-cover-78088.jpg

P.S. I was completely joking about two points above, but I was dead serious on two other points.
Can you guess which is which? :brew

Received Quadrophenia: 1973 Studio Album(Blu-ray Pure Audio) from Amazon today as promised (this time) and just finished listening to it. Most excellent! Lots of subtleties I never heard before. Great separation and use of all channels. Definitely a "10" IMHO.

Hmmm, I received my copy yesterday. After three complete spins, I believe it's one of the finest surround titles I've ever heard. Right up there with Avalon, Boys and Girls, Kind Of Blue and Night and Day.

Cheers and happy listening, Michael

Back