The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work?? I was expecting something more along the lines of a tornado, flood, airstrike, power outage, etc...:eek:

Fair point my good man. I should have made a better effort. :zzzzz

But... if I blow off work and lose my job, I probably lose my wife, my daughter and my two cats. I would go from living with 4 females down to zero, real quick... But I would have more time to blast my 5.1... hmm....:phones

Fair point my good man. I should have made a better effort. :zzzzz

But... if I blow off work and lose my job, I probably lose my wife, my daughter and my two cats. I would go from living with 4 females down to zero, real quick... But I would have more time to blast my 5.1... hmm....:phones

How about this: keep job, wife, daughter and 2 cats. Turn wife, daughter, and 2 cats on to 5.1. Shazaam! More time to blast 5.1 for everyone :banana:

Never much of a fan of this era of the Who but I'm hoping that JB HiFi stock them in Australia so I can ggrab them locally. Sometimes it's much easier to acquire them at a store and not answer questions!

amazon.com has jacked the price up to $29.98 now ... mine still on pre-order at $18.49 with July 8 release date.

Same price I got...

Same here. I'm happy to wait a little longer for the lower price. Not that I'm cheap or anything. Maybe......a bit? smiley_biggrin.gif

Lizardking, did you finally received yours? 16 days later, still waiting for mine to arrive. I'm convinced it's lost, but I can't file a complaint until July 10th. Great UMG service...

Lizardking, did you finally received yours? 16 days later, still waiting for mine to arrive. I'm convinced it's lost, but I can't file a complaint until July 10th. Great UMG service...

Yes - I got Quadropehnia on Tuesday... no problems with the disc.

Interestingly they had a copy in a store over here (Real Groovy in Auckland) too!

RealGroovy.jpg

Mine must be definitely lost, it can't take longer to reach south America or New Zealand than Spain :(
Worse thing is that you're voting 10 and I'm dying to listen to it!!!

Never much of a fan of this era of the Who but I'm hoping that JB HiFi stock them in Australia so I can grab them locally. Sometimes it's much easier to acquire them at a store and not answer questions!

I just picked the studio version up from the Bourke St shop Melbourne CBD for $19.99 (Sticker price $24.99, 20% off Blu-ray until Monday)!

I saw the Mod roundel headlamp box set on the wall of other box sets but didn't stop to check out the price.

Now the marketplace seller Beaches (in Canada) has the Blu-ray Audio in stock it's come down in price to £10.02..!! Jump on it guys and girls! :banana:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JPUUPLA?
The Who: Quadrophenia [Blu-Ray Audio] [2014] [Blu-Ray, Original Recording Remastered]
The Who | Format: Blu-ray Audio
4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
Price: £10.02
In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by beaches_music_canada.
20 new from £10.02
Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.
Is AmazonUK running into issues of confusion with customers if this is the Live or Studio version too? I see Sound City Beaches through eBay has the Live in London version but not the Studio version yet.

Last edited:
I look at it this way. I have plenty of very good music surround mixes to listen to. All good things come to those that wait. (y)

That's all fine and well as I have plenty of very good mixes as well. According to DMJ, this is the biggest 10, the 10 of all 10's, the mother of all 10's. This, from a man that doesn't just throw out 10's willy-nilly. Could this be...gulp...an 11? The wait is too much to take :yikes

I look at it this way. I have plenty of very good music surround mixes to listen to. All good things come to those that wait. (y)

OK, I'm trying to stay calm but from what I hear they're fallin' off the shelves in Australia yet Amazon US still ain't got one. WTF??? At what point in time do I bail on Amazon US?

Think Sting here: ...I want my...I want my...I want my Quadrophenia :mad:@:

You think that's bad, just think of the poor chaps in Europe that have to wait an extra month for the Criterion Edition of "The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night". :yikes

Makes me wonder why we didn't get Quadrophenia here first. :rolleyes::D

Never much of a fan of this era of the Who but I'm hoping that JB HiFi stock them in Australia so I can grab them locally. Sometimes it's much easier to acquire them at a store and not answer questions!

Well after my whingeing last night, I went to JB HiFi today and managed to get the three Blu rays Quadrophenia, Quadrophenia - Live in London and the Kids Are Alright for around $53. Tommy Blu ray Audio is now on order too!

Is AmazonUK running into issues of confusion with customers if this is the Live or Studio version too? I see Sound City Beaches through eBay has the Live in London version but not the Studio version yet.

I don't know but the product code in the Amazon UK listing for the studio album Pure Audio Blu-ray is B00JPUUPLA and has remained unchanged since the first preorder for the same disc went up on Amazon USA.

UPC for the album Blu-ray Audio is : 00602537808137 so if you find anywhere listing that, that's the one.

Back