The Who: Quadrophenia - Live in London Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW.....be careful with that bass Eugene. The blu-ray is not shy in the big bottom department. If you have a half decent sub....you are going to LOVE this set....(especially the synthesized thunder not unlike Telarc's "1812" woofer shredder)

It's interesting that I barely noticed the bass playing until 5:15. I suppose the highs weren't mixed agressively and didn't have that agressive Rick sound till then and, of course, John playing it.

I notice some of the new mixes (tracks that weren't in the Director's Cut) actually quite often bring the bass into the Center Channel alongside the vocals.

I just ordered Quad and Tommy blu-rays from Amazon UK...worked out to be about 22usd each. As usual they gave it a 2 week delivery window. But from past experience I should have them by early nest week.
Tommy was in the mailbox yesterday....Uk to da Bronx in 4 days...not bad. My order is in 2 shipments, so hopefully I'll have Quad in a few more days along with AHDN. My neighbors wont be happy...

I notice some of the new mixes (tracks that weren't in the Director's Cut) actually quite often bring the bass into the Center Channel alongside the vocals.

If you find that your Center is getting the snot kicked out of it just reset the speaker type to "small". The bass will be diverted from the center to your sub instead...

If you find that your Center is getting the snot kicked out of it just reset the speaker type to "small". The bass will be diverted from the center to your sub instead...

There's no option to do that as far as I'm aware; it's not a problem anyway, I really quite like it.

I received my BluRay from UMG UK on Saturday. No chance to play it yet cause of 20 hours of driving over the weekend...:mad:@:

Very nice long folded-out insert w/all the original LP art incl. naughty pix...

I am very grateful for UMG for this. I seem to be in the minority here about UMG. I am very pleased they have entered the 5.1 arena. The beginnings of DVD were very rough with various big studios doing various things as well, but it got straightned out as the format went forward. I hope UMG's efforts motivate the other Big TWO music corporations to issue 5.1 in "any" phookin format. (y)

But we now have Quadrophenia 5.1 available as a stand alone Hi rez purchase. That is pretty cool, I should think. :smokin

I received my BluRay from UMG UK on Saturday. No chance to play it yet cause of 20 hours of driving over the weekend...:mad:@:

Very nice long folded-out insert w/all the original LP art incl. naughty pix...

I am very grateful for UMG for this. I seem to be in the minority here about UMG. I am very pleased they have entered the 5.1 arena. The beginnings of DVD were very rough with various big studios doing various things as well, but it got straightned out as the format went forward. I hope UMG's efforts motivate the other Big TWO music corporations to issue 5.1 in "any" phookin format. (y)

But we now have Quadrophenia 5.1 available as a stand alone Hi rez purchase. That is pretty cool, I should think. :smokin

Hey, may I ask when it was dispatched? Was it sent by royal mail? I'm still waiting for mine, dispatched on June 10th...

Tommy was in the mailbox yesterday....Uk to da Bronx in 4 days...not bad. My order is in 2 shipments, so hopefully I'll have Quad in a few more days along with AHDN. My neighbors wont be happy...
Thank you Amazon UK....Quad has been delivered and seems to be a good disc. Got both in less than a week (y)

Ola Amigo

Envio 06 11 2014. Creo que si por que el sello dice "06 11 2014".

(My package was stamped 06 11 2014).

Ciao,

DM

Hola!

Muchas gracias por la información!

If it took that long to reach you in the UK, I wonder when it'll arrive in Spain. Wonder which service UMG uses? Postmen in bikes? :(

From a Stereo point of view the new HFPA Blu-ray stacks up very favourably in the DR stakes...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 314
Hola!

Muchas gracias por la información!

If it took that long to reach you in the UK, I wonder when it'll arrive in Spain. Wonder which service UMG uses? Postmen in bikes? :(

@Cesar: No amigo, vivo en America en el parte del sur.

@PK: I wasn't home when it arrived Saturday and I got home late last night. I worked today and just an hour ago I got to play it for 10 minutes.
I played Cut My Hair & The Punk....

It is perfect! Regardless of my love for this record the discrete 5.1 mix is brilliant. I can not be happier. It is stunning. A MUST have.

You happy now??? :yikes

:smokin :phones :) (y)

I thought about ordering from amazon.co.uk to get the mix in sooner, but since I am away for a few weeks and I don't have my primary listening system, I figured it would be best to wait until I get back (which conveniently is the week that amazon are scheduled to ship it to me).

Plus, I couldn't bear to pay any extra for it to get it earlier as I already wasted too much of my money on that damn 2011 box set with only half the tracks on DVD-A, so The Who & UMe get as little of my money as I can get away with paying!

It's so fantastic. As I said before, I noticed a few different takes and extra guitar bits and such. The audience cheering isn't kept in The Punk and the Godfather and I'm sure the brass band at the end of The Dirty Jobs is a different recording. I haven't got a lot to complain about though.

For those interested in the 5.1 mix of the LIVE IN LONDON show itself (the live show), it's ridiculously dull, bit of a let down.

Well, I have an e-mail from Amazon.ca about the Quadrophrenia Studio 5.1 Blu Ray shipping date ... but they're still calling it LIVE which is a bit disconcerting, as I already have the live one. They only changed the cover image on the site to the studio cover, but none of the info.

" The Who "Quadrophenia: Live In London (Blu-ray Audio)"
Estimated arrival date: July 07, 2014 - July 11, 2014 "

amazon.com has jacked the price up to $29.98 now ... mine still on pre-order at $18.49 with July 8 release date.

@Cesar: No amigo, vivo en America en el parte del sur.

@PK: I wasn't home when it arrived Saturday and I got home late last night. I worked today and just an hour ago I got to play it for 10 minutes.
I played Cut My Hair & The Punk....

It is perfect! Regardless of my love for this record the discrete 5.1 mix is brilliant. I can not be happier. It is stunning. A MUST have.

You happy now??? :yikes

:smokin :phones :) (y)

Work?? I was expecting something more along the lines of a tornado, flood, airstrike, power outage, etc...:eek:

Back