Tweets from Andy P. re: Oranges and Lemons

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw those as well!
I really hope it's for an 80s album. Any of the five albums from the 80s that haven't been released yet in surround would be excellent candidates for the next release! :)

I'd also be very happy with Apple Venus & Wasp Star. I view a handful of Andy's tracks on those two as some of his finest work ("Easter Theatre" springs to mind). And since they were initially conceived as a double album, who knows, perhaps a single deluxe 5.1 package?

Oh, and a Dukes collection in 5.1 would be fab!

I'd also be very happy with Apple Venus & Wasp Star. I view a handful of Andy's tracks on those two as some of his finest work ("Easter Theatre" springs to mind). And since they were initially conceived as a double album, who knows, perhaps a single deluxe 5.1 package?

Oh, and a Dukes collection in 5.1 would be fab!

Not that I'm definitely opposed to "Apple Venus" and/or "Wasp Star" being released next in this surround sound series, but while I do agree with you that those albums have some of Andy's best writing, the same cannot be said for Colin Moulding's songs, and that's part of the reason why those albums never stood out to me as much as albums like "Skylarking", "English Settlement", "Black Sea", and more.
But if they have to mix those next in surround because of tape availability, so be it. Better to have those than none at all.

Also, AFAIK, there aren't any plans at this point to remix Dukes material in surround, but then again, there weren't any plans initially to remix "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star" in surround either, so you never know what could change.

Not that I'm definitely opposed to "Apple Venus" and/or "Wasp Star" being released next in this surround sound series, but while I do agree with you that those albums have some of Andy's best writing, the same cannot be said for Colin Moulding's songs

I'm with you there, Ryan. I was very disappointed with his output on those two. (Colin, however, was very proud of those compositions at the time.)

I'm with you there, Ryan. I was very disappointed with his output on those two. (Colin, however, was very proud of those compositions at the time.)

Well in all fairness to Colin, he would have been proud of those compositions at the time as I have not really heard that many artists talk bad about an album or certain songs right around the time of release, though opinions can definitely change after that. Look at what Steven Wilson has said about certain solo or Porcupine Tree albums around the time of release compared to the way he might view them now.
From what I have read, I think the main reason why Colin's songs aren't as good on AV/WS as previous albums is because he didn't keep up his songwriting during the off period between "Nonsuch" and AV, whereas Andy did, so Colin basically had to pull from what was available to him instead of taking what was best.

A couple of intriguing (and promising!) recent tweets:

Great day,mastering and tweaking XTC outtakes for a future release at Stu Rowe's studio.

All for a forthcoming 5.1 release {secret,tee hee}.

Tee hee!

Not only does Andy seem to "get" 5.1, but he seems to understand its effect on some of his fans as well. :)

Like the THRAK releases, Burning Shed are now reporting that the release date for "Oranges & Lemons" has been delayed until October 30th. :(

Well my copy was shipped to me this morning by play.com, so perhaps no delays in UK.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Well my copy was shipped to me this morning by play.com, so perhaps no delays in UK.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, that doesn't make much sense to me just because Burning Shed are a UK company, not to mention that Headphone Dust (also a UK company) are also showing a release date delay, but as of now, they're showing just a one week delay from the 16th to the 23rd.
Regardless, if yours shipped out this morning, let's see if you actually get it before the rest of us.

From Sid Smith:
CRb-XtpWwAAXjkG.jpg

Note how it says surround in the top right hand corner where it used to say stereo. Now THAT is a nice touch! :)

From Sid Smith:
attachment.php

Note how it says surround in the top right hand corner where it used to say stereo. Now THAT is a nice touch! :)

That is very very cool indeed..!! :banana:

I love these Yes and XTC surround releases, totally putting so many other labels surround/hi-res efforts to shame with their quality and content and attention to detail. XTC got some TLC, LMAO.! :D

That is very very cool indeed..!! :banana:

I love these Yes and XTC surround releases, totally putting so many other labels surround/hi-res efforts to shame with their quality and content and attention to detail. XTC got some TLC, LMAO.! :D

Indeed! These releases, along with the King Crimson DVDAs and Box Sets, are the benchmarks that all releases should strive for, so now we just need Panegyric to find more artists' catalogues for licensing, so we can get more great reissues like these! :)

Back