Tweets from Andy P. re: Oranges and Lemons

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Twitter update from Andy P:

Today Abbey Road are trying a transfer of all baked ORANGES AND LEMONS tapes. Here's hoping that all goes well and nothing is ruined.

*FINGERS CROSSED*
Cause if this is successful, then it's all good from here! :)

Woo hoo! From Andy's Twitter feed:

SOME GOOD NEWS,just in.The ORANGES tapes have all copied well and are going over to Steven Wilson. Hooray,there IS a Grodd !!

One of my favorite XTC albums. Always been somewhat disappointed with how bright it is though. Here's hoping Steven can work his magic with it!

Now, if they could only locate the multi-tracks for English Settlement.

One of my favorite XTC albums. Always been somewhat disappointed with how bright it is though. Here's hoping Steven can work his magic with it!

Now, if they could only locate the multi-tracks for English Settlement.

Only two tracks are missing from English Settlement, so there is hope. :)

Only two tracks are missing from English Settlement, so there is hope. :)

Really? Only two tracks are missing from "English Settlement"? Last time Andy P brought it up, he said only 1/3 of the tracks (which is around 5 songs on that album) were located.

Really? Only two tracks are missing from "English Settlement"? Last time Andy P brought it up, he said only 1/3 of the tracks (which is around 5 songs on that album) were located.

I have heard only Ball & Chain and another track (can't remember which) are still missing.

AFAIK, no tapes have been found for that one yet...

Re: Skylarking tapes, that is interesting because it was definitely done using Todd's Fairlight at his Lake Hill studio and he did the mix there too. I'm curious what Andy has said, ie was a tape (or other digital) copy definitely made from the Fairlight? I suppose I could tweet Andy myself about this as he's fairly accessible these days...

Re: Skylarking tapes, that is interesting because it was definitely done using Todd's Fairlight at his Lake Hill studio and he did the mix there too. I'm curious what Andy has said, ie was a tape (or other digital) copy definitely made from the Fairlight? I suppose I could tweet Andy myself about this as he's fairly accessible these days...

There was definitely a physical tape involved, as Dave Gregory (I believe) once told the story about how Todd mapped out the album on two reels of tape and they had to record everything in order so as not to use more than the two reels of tape.

Back