Steven Wilson Ultravox "Quartet" (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix out in May!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like typical US sources (Amazon US, CD Import, & Deep Discount) all revised the release date from July 7 to July 21 overnight.
Every time with this series. :(

And my Amazon order says "we'll email you when available" - Ugh Might have to switch to ordering from Burning Shed. they haven't changed the date yet
Sometimes, actually quite a few times, I get these Amazon messages, I cancel my order, re-order and it comes within days.

Sometimes, actually quite a few times, I get these Amazon messages, I cancel my order, re-order and it comes within days.

Good idea. I should probably do that. I have been caught a few times with them where I pre-order early and my allotted copy is locked into the one vendor order that doesn't get fulfilled right away.

Seems a waste to put it out on DVDA instead of Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is a much more stable medium and every Blu-Ray player will play them. Not all DVD players and all BR machines will play DVDA. How much cheaper could it be?

Seems a waste to put it out on DVDA instead of Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is a much more stable medium and every Blu-Ray player will play them. Not all DVD players and all BR machines will play DVDA. How much cheaper could it be?
This is a standard DVD with DTS 96/24 audio, as opposed to a DVD-A with MLP audio. Every Blu-Ray player will play this disc.

Though there are still a handful of consumer machines made that handle DVD-A, professional authoring software is nigh-impossible to find in 2023. Even DGM/Panegyric doesn’t offer them anymore.

This is a standard DVD with DTS 96/24 audio, as opposed to a DVD-A with MLP audio. Every Blu-Ray player will play this disc.

Though there are still a handful of consumer machines made that handle DVD-A, professional authoring software is nigh-impossible to find in 2023. Even DGM/Panegyric doesn’t offer them anymore.
It is a BIG shame it is only lossy core DTS and not MLP, or even DTS-HDMA or is the latter also not allowed on 'standard DVD' ? If so, what a stupid mess DVD standards are in! As for DVD-A authoring software: it might be old, but it is available, and still does the job.

Last edited:
just arrived...
Unbenannt2.jpg

Good to know but Blu-Ray is still better and has a much longer shelf life. DVD uses an inferior manufacturing process that is less stable than CD and Blu-Ray.

Same here, playing now.
How many different Mr Wilson mixes have I received in just 2 days....THREE!!
He must think I'm stalking him...

Although Amazon have messed up the outer packaging....Grrr
Placed it in a huge box....idjiots.
Sorting a replacement now.

Same here, playing now.
How many different Mr Wilson mixes have I received in just 2 days....THREE!!
He must think I'm stalking him...

Although Amazon have messed up the outer packaging....Grrr
Placed it in a huge box....idjiots.
Sorting a replacement now.

Sorry to hear that! Personnally I am not ordering these oversized limited editions from Amazon anymore due to the poor packaging. JPC or JustForKicks are my favourite shops even though that they are 10 - 20% more expensive than Amazon.

Enjoy Ultravox!

Back