Steven Wilson Ultravox "Quartet" (Steven Wilson 5.1 mix out in May!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received that as well and the other US retail outlets are also showing an August 4th release ☹️

Strange; given the reports that they are already being distributed outside the US.

Weirder still.
Burning Shed indicates it is available but has this strange note on the bottom of the description:

“Please note the final copy is not shrink-wrapped but is brand new. Sold as seen.”

Last edited:
Sometimes, actually quite a few times, I get these Amazon messages, I cancel my order, re-order and it comes within days.
This previous plan of mine not working with this new release.
I have got two messages over the last couple months from Amazon and when I go to re-order, the date has been pushed out twice.
Todays message like others above me have received is August 4th.
Not sure why the US residents are getting such a big delay on this release?

Same here, playing now.
How many different Mr Wilson mixes have I received in just 2 days....THREE!!
He must think I'm stalking him...

Although Amazon have messed up the outer packaging....Grrr
Placed it in a huge box....idjiots.
Sorting a replacement now.

What a hassle but glad they are replacing your copy, :)

This previous plan of mine not working with this new release.
I have got two messages over the last couple months from Amazon and when I go to re-order, the date has been pushed out twice.
Todays message like others above me have received is August 4th.
Not sure why the US residents are getting such a big delay on this release?
Same here in Canada that date pushed to Aug.4th.
Only thing I can think of is this boxset must be produced in Europe only and shipment time of sending from Europe to North America is the extra delay.

I just "love" the Chrsyalis/Esoteric disc sleeves.

IMG_4192.jpeg

Luckily Burning Shed packaged the box well for shipping. So despite the discs floating, there is no damage to the set.

I just got shipping notification from Bull Moose so I guess American retailers are finally getting their stock. Between this and ABC, it looks like I will be having a Steven Wilson remixes the 80s weekend!
Yeah I have no clue what's going on with Amazon and this release, so I cancelled my order with them (placed back in March!) and went with Bull Moose instead.
Same price and it should be here next week hopefully!

:)

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/36284224

The yin/yang of Amazon continues. I got an estimated delivery date update that moves it back up to August 12th. 😵 Better than the 30th, I guess.

I bought the Vienna box set new but passed on Rage In Eden and Quartet. Prices around $80 bucks for a lot of live material and a dvd for surround are just a bit too steep for me - I like the band and music but don't love it that much. However, prices for both the Rage and Vienna box sets have dropped below $60 new so I'll keep an eye out. If prices drop enough they might get my money yet.

I have the original 96/24 5.1 WAVs (from play-testing) and they are indistinguishable to me from the DTS encoding.

This is right on the edge for me. I got Vienna deluxe mostly for sentimental reasons and liked it, but not the biggest fan of Ultravox live material, or some of the b-sides or extended tracks. Passed on Rage In Eden and probably will pass on Quartet as well - I like these albums but don't love them. If the price was closer to $50 I'd bite, but $60-$70 with shipping is just too high for me.

Latest posts

Back