Van Morrison "Moondance" (Standalone Blu-Ray with Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix coming in December!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moondance in atmos is being released as a single bluray that features the Wilson 5.1 mix AND the recent atmos treatment

https://store.warnermusic.ca/products/moondance-deluxe-blu-ray?variant=46759072104767
Wait, does it contain Wilson's 5.1 mix? The listing is oddly ambiguous, not noting what number of channels Wilson's mix is (or even that Wilson made the Atmos mix, oddly enough):
Screenshot_20230922-065816.png

Wait, does it contain Wilson's 5.1 mix? The listing is oddly ambiguous, not noting what number of channels Wilson's mix is (or even that Wilson made the Atmos mix, oddly enough):
Yeah, it would be a bummer if they opted not to include Steven's dedicated 5.1 version (which I was under the impression that he always creates as part of his Atmos mixing process) in favor of the old Elliot Scheiner mix that's been available for a decade now.

Yeah, it would be a bummer if they opted not to include Steven's dedicated 5.1 version (which he always creates as part of his Atmos mixing process) in favor of the old Elliot Scheiner mix that's been available for a decade now.
Except that the Scheiner mix was only ever available as part of a box set, so I'm glad to see it included, even if it means Steven's 5.1 had to be bumped.

Yeah, it would be a bummer if they opted not to include Steven's dedicated 5.1 version (which he always creates as part of his Atmos mixing process) in favor of the old Elliot Scheiner mix that's been available for a decade now.
Nah, I'd rather have the Scheiner mix and the atmos Wilson mix than no Scheiner mix. The 2013 blu ray is like $100 right now.

Of course technically, there's nothing preventing them from including both 5.1 mixes. A Blu-Ray is plenty big enough to store them both, and since this disc is aimed at a niche audience anyway, then why not? (Warners surely owns Scheiner's old mix, and there are enough of us nerds who'd be interested in comparing.) But I suspect that whatever they've decided to do, it's too late to change now.

Of course technically, there's nothing preventing them from including both 5.1 mixes. A Blu-Ray is plenty big enough to store them both, and since this disc is aimed at a niche audience anyway, then why not? (Warners surely owns Scheiner's old mix, and there are enough of us nerds who'd be interested in comparing.) But I suspect that whatever they've decided to do, it's too late to change now.
You mean, it's too late to stop now!
R-2690153-1491854769-2445.jpg

Think the $100 free shipping option counts for preorders? If so, I'm gonna wait for the Quadio bundle order to be available before getting both this blu ray and that set.
Screenshot_20230922-103150.png

Back