Warner Australian DVD-A Release Update

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

As noted on the upcoming release list, several weeks ago, a number of future Warner titles were listed on the Australian Warner music site. The dates listed were Australian release dates, so I've had them listed as Announced-No Date due to this. Yesterday a friend emailed me with a link to an Australian dvd site similar to Digital Eyes here where they are now taking pre-orders for all of the titles previously listed. Keep in mind that the dates, as I mentioned above, are Australian release dates but thought everyone might like to get an idea of what's coming soon. Interestingly, the two Yes titles were never mentioned on the Warner site. One other thing of note is that they're showing prices of $27.95 AUS which converts to $16.06 US. Guess that means the price cuts have also hit there.

7/17/02
Blues Brothers: OST
Linda Ronstadt: What's New
Yes: Close To The Edge
Yes: Magnification

8/19/02
A-HA: A-HA
Alanis Morissette: Under Rug Swept
Madonna: Music In High Places
Miles Davis: Tutu
Paul Simon: Graceland
Stevie Nicks: Trouble In Shangri-la

9/23/02
Eric Clapton: Unplugged
Lord Of The Rings: OST
Madonna: GHV2
REM : Reveal
Donald Fagen:Kamakiriad
Donald Fagen: The Nightfly
Neil Young: After The Gold Rush
Neil Young: Harvest

10/28/02
Jackson Browne: Running On Empty

As far as I know (I may be wrong), but no DVD-As got pressed in Aussieland.

All the Warner DVD-A discs that I saw in Australia & New Zealand in the (mainstream) shops were pressed in Europe (Germany - IIRC). You could get US imports, but they were special orders.

:(

I would've killed for Clapton's Unplugged to have come out.

Graceland.. A-Ha.. Stevie Nicks.. Madonna.. Blues Brothers..

WOW!

these 5.1 mixes are all done and still could be released at any time (subject to all the usual hullabaloo).. Music Valet where are you!?!? :p

Graceland.. A-Ha.. Stevie Nicks.. Madonna.. Blues Brothers..

WOW!

these 5.1 mixes are all done and still could be released at any time (subject to all the usual hullabaloo).. Music Valet where are you!?!? :p

Is'nt graceland another one of those long lost Scheiner mixes. i do remember being dissappointed whne the annivesary edition came out without the surround version. As a consiquence i never bought it.

I don't think it's entirely safe to assume that just because something showed up on a release schedule that a 5.1 mix was completed. Look at the first set of entries - it includes Close To The Edge, which we know definitely wasn't remixed until Steven Wilson got his hands on it last year.

Having said that, it would be fascinating to know what is sitting complete in the vaults of the various record labels. Some of that stuff has been sitting around so long they probably don't even know what they've got.

My hope is that with DSD, mulitchannel and other lossless downloadable formats picking up steam that Warner might jump into the game and give us some of these mixes that never saw the light of day. And why not, what does it cost to release these on a non-physical format?

Back