Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another new member here. I've been listening to surround audio for about 15 years (starting with a Pioneer DV-563A to play SACDs and DVD-As). After upgrading to a 5.2.4 Atmos system a few months ago I'm excited to see Atmos audio releases (R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People being my first). Learned of a lot of recordings worth chasing down after just a few days of looking around here. Looking forward to participating.

Another new member here. I've been listening to surround audio for about 15 years (starting with a Pioneer DV-563A to play SACDs and DVD-As). After upgrading to a 5.2.4 Atmos system a few months ago I'm excited to see Atmos audio releases (R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People being my first). Learned of a lot of recordings worth chasing down after just a few days of looking around here. Looking forward to participating.
Welcome it is nice to have you here. Welcome to the money pit. The more you save the more you spend. It doesn't really end, does it?

IMG_20181106_194725690_HDR3.jpg

Welcome aboard Harync - wow yeah that Pioneer was my 2nd player and still have it (in storage)

Where ya been?? We been here awhile lol - have you beeeen lurking tooooooooooooo :unsure: It Koooooooooooooooo

Fell free to ask any and all questions or let us know your viewpoints - bunches of great friendly people here. They even let that goofball Snood be a part of QQ :unsure:

Why does that name Snood sound familiar :unsure:

Welcome aboard Harync - wow yeah that Pioneer was my 2nd player and still have it (in storage)

Where ya been?? We been here awhile lol - have you beeeen lurking tooooooooooooo :unsure: It Kooooooooooooooo

That Pioneer was my work-horse player until I picked up an Oppo BDP-93 which I still use today. My most recent player is the Sony UBP-X800m2.

I've been lurking here for a little while and finally got around to registering. Looking forward to actually participating.

I recently read an interview with mastering / mixing engineer Bob Clearmountain in TapeOp magazine. He's mixed and mastered a lot of top-shelf albums in his life, and he said that everytime he mixes, he also mixes in surround for his personal use. He said he has all of it on a bunch of hard drives. This is the first time in my life I've lusted after a hard drive....

I just joined after researching how to go about listening to LP quad recordings that have not yet been remastered on SACD as quad or in other recent digital formats.
Since I also have been slowly retrieving my old LP collection from storage, my foreground concern is getting the appropriate playback equipment for SQ encoded LPs.
I've been using multichannel in the digital world for quite a while, but now want to explore some classics in quad analog!
PS: I do believe at this point that a Surround Master v2 by Involve Audio is in my future.

I just joined after researching how to go about listening to LP quad recordings that have not yet been remastered on SACD as quad or in other recent digital formats.
Since I also have been slowly retrieving my old LP collection from storage, my foreground concern is getting the appropriate playback equipment for SQ encoded LPs.
I've been using multichannel in the digital world for quite a while, but now want to explore some classics in quad analog!
PS: I do believe at this point that a Surround Master v2 by Involve Audio is in my future.

Welcome to the forum mwhealton .... and fasten your seatbelt. At QQ forum you'll learn something NEW everyday!

Welcome aboard Mwhealton , Awesome to have ya here and koo you looking to get into the old QuadLPs. Suppppppppppper Koooo. Ya came to the right place and please make sure ya ask any questions you may have. Lotta koo friendly people here to help ya :QQlove

Yes Welcome aboard Mwhealton.
You came to the right place, your chose of the SM V2. great starting point for SQ & QS & Synth Stereo all in one unit if your set up has 5.1 or 7.1 EXT. inputs your set to begin.
But if you don't have these EXT. inputs you will need a secondhand Surround Receiver that has or 2 Stereo amp, ask questions ………..7(y)

Yes Welcome aboard Mwhealton.
You came to the right place, your chose of the SM V2. great starting point for SQ & QS & Synth Stereo all in one unit if your set up has 5.1 or 7.1 EXT. inputs your set to begin.
But if you don't have these EXT. inputs you will need a secondhand Surround Receiver that has or 2 Stereo amp, ask questions ………..7(y)

Thanks for the welcome! Which is the best forum and/or thread to start asking? The layout and culture here are new to me (of course).
I currently have 5.1 analog input capability, but will need turntable, cartridge, phono pre-amp, and some sort of switching mechanism so I can get two different 5.1 analog input sets into my Lexicon pre/pro (it has one set of these). I will be using the LP capability for regular stereo 2 channel listening as well, but want to get equipment that does not block quad formats and will be gentle on my lp collection back from the 70s and early 80s.

Hello,

Nice to have you here, welcome to the money pit. You will learn of things to spend money on you just weren't expecting, so many formats, stereo, quadraphonic, 5.1, atmos. It never ends.

Thanks for the welcome! Which is the best forum and/or thread to start asking? The layout and culture here are new to me (of course).
I currently have 5.1 analog input capability, but will need turntable, cartridge, phono pre-amp, and some sort of switching mechanism so I can get two different 5.1 analog input sets into my Lexicon pre/pro (it has one set of these). I will be using the LP capability for regular stereo 2 channel listening as well, but want to get equipment that does not block quad formats and will be gentle on my lp collection back from the 70s and early 80s.

Hi again -
A popular switcher here is the Zektor, I have one and it works great:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...hds4-1-multichannel-switcher-in-europe.25121/

Hi everybody , good to meet you all, just joined the forum this week and loving it - I have been buying surround discs for a long time now - probably since around 2000/2001 - I'm involved in music on a daily basis as I have a record store , run a local record fair and also promote live shows in my area - as Frank Zappa once said ''Music is the best'' !

thank you! unfortunately I sold many of my discs picked up around that time ( which I regret) inc Billion Dollar Babies , Steve Stevens for eg , only in the last few years have I started collecting again . Back around 2000 I would visit New York once a year and seeing the dedicated section of surround discs in Tower in Times Square was so great! I have Life In Surround's You Tube channel to thank for finding this site - its good to be here!

Back