Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello time to introduce me, member from July this year,
I was thirteen when I was first listening to pop music on the radio in the Netherlands.
or listening on AM to Radio Luxembourg.
my first turntable and speakers in 1971, two years later better equipment with Luxman receiver and tuner and my first Bowers Wilkins speakers
in 2003 upgrade to a surround setup, and now in 2023 new speakers and with my Denon AVR x6700h a Dolby ATMOS setup, great to hear this type of music pop rock jazz and classic
living in the south of the Netherlands

Hello time to introduce me, member from July this year,
I was thirteen when I was first listening to pop music on the radio in the Netherlands.
or listening on AM to Radio Luxembourg.
my first turntable and speakers in 1971, two years later better equipment with Luxman receiver and tuner and my first Bowers Wilkins speakers
in 2003 upgrade to a surround setup, and now in 2023 new speakers and with my Denon AVR x6700h a Dolby ATMOS setup, great to hear this type of music pop rock jazz and classic
living in the south of the Netherlands
I listened to Radio Luxembourg when I was in the Army, stationed near Koeln. Not very hi-fi, but interesting music, even in 1968 and 1969.

Hello gentlemen,
I just registered on this forum. I am from the US midwest. Once a stereo purist, i am a 100% multichannel object based audio (dolby, DTS, Auro, Sony 360 reality audio) and quad music enthusiast now.

I got tired of being on a forum or two filled with the stereo orthodoxy ("stereo for music, multichannel for movies") and decided to join this forum. I do all my music listening in multichannel now. When i don't have native multichannel albums, i upmix 100% of all my stereo albums with the above mentioned upmixers. I am unable to enjoy anything in stereo anymore as it just sounds restricted & boring.

I have the following multichannel rigs currently. It has taken me years to dial these in to the nth degree.
Speaker set 1:
5.2.4 --> Yamaha CX-A5200 preamp processor for DSU and Neural X upmixing
5.2.4 ---> Sony STR-AZ5000ES Receiver for 360 reality audio

Speaker set 2:
4.2 ---> Schiit Syn analog surround processor for quad

More recently, i have been completely ecstatic with Sony's 360 reality spatial sound mapping.

I am hoping to have conversations with like minded souls and discover new music.
Thanks for letting me join this forum.

Hello gentlemen,
I just registered on this forum. I am from the US midwest. Once a stereo purist, i am a 100% multichannel object based audio (dolby, DTS, Auro, Sony 360 reality audio) and quad music enthusiast now.

I got tired of being on a forum or two filled with the stereo orthodoxy ("stereo for music, multichannel for movies") and decided to join this forum. I do all my music listening in multichannel now. When i don't have native multichannel albums, i upmix 100% of all my stereo albums with the above mentioned upmixers. I am unable to enjoy anything in stereo anymore as it just sounds restricted & boring.

I have the following multichannel rigs currently. It has taken me years to dial these in to the nth degree.
Speaker set 1:

Speaker set 2:

More recently, i have been completely ecstatic with Sony's 360 reality spatial sound mapping.

I am hoping to have conversations with like minded souls and discover new music.

Welcome to QQ, tons of info here, have a great time digging in.

Hello gentlemen,

Speaker set 1:

Speaker set 2:

Welcome! You will certainly find many of like mind here.

Hello gentlemen,

Speaker set 1:

Speaker set 2:

Welcome aboard. My prediction for you for 2024 is that you will be swapping out your Schiit Syn for an Involve Surround Master(with a QQ discount). Sorry for your wallet.

Hello

I registered at the end of September, just after purchasing a Technics SH 3434 audioscope from Japan on Yahoo auctions, it arrived in my country 1 week ago and after cleaning, it is ready to work.

Thank you all.
Welcome to the money pit that is QQ! I have a Heathkit audioscope that I’ve modified three or fout times, and is part of my grooviness collections. I hope yours is more than just “ready” soon.

It's not well known but @Jim the Oldbie started a thread dedicated to DIY projects. I am intrigued by the mods you made to the Heathkit quadscope. Maybe post some info there?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/diy-project-show-tell.27636/
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t recall that thread being around. I’m enough of a tinkerer that a lot of my older electronics have been tweaked in one way or another, and I think it’s good to revive that thread.

I'm Taylor and I'm archivist for the Firesign Theatre. Any serious advice on reissue labels that might be interested in releasing surround versions of the Quad "I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus" and "Everything You Know Is Wrong" would be much appreciated. Cheers!
I mean...you can release them digitally! But I assume you're asking about physical. 🤪

I'm Taylor and I'm archivist for the Firesign Theatre. Any serious advice on reissue labels that might be interested in releasing surround versions of the Quad "I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus" and "Everything You Know Is Wrong" would be much appreciated. Cheers!
Dutton Vocalion will produce a quality product for you, plus they have a varied catalog that FT might fit into. 🤔

Back