What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for:
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black CD+DVD (40th Ann edition)
King Crimson - Red CD+DVD (40th Ann edition)
King Crimson - USA CD+DVD (40th Ann edition)

Ordered these items from Burning Shed the day after John Wetton shed his mortal coil, but the first batch never showed up. Stupidly enough I didn't pay for insured delivery, so no chance of tracking anything.
After a month of emailing with Burning Shed and exercising excruciatingly painful amounts of patience, I have cut my losses and reordered it again from Burning Shed. This time using insured delivery, just to be sure.
Bloody expensive lot of music, but I am still looking forward to it :)

Waiting for:
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black CD+DVD (40th Ann edition)
King Crimson - Red CD+DVD (40th Ann edition)
King Crimson - USA CD+DVD (40th Ann edition)
Bloody expensive lot of music, but I am still looking forward to it :)

It may be expensive my friend , but oh SOOO WORTH it!!!!!

BTW....USA on DVD-A???? Did I miss something here....???

It may be expensive my friend , but oh SOOO WORTH it!!!!!

BTW....USA on DVD-A???? Did I miss something here....???

Not sure if you missed it ("I dunno..."), but the KC USA DVD-A is not a 5.1 release, but a hi-res audio only release of the 3 different 2-chan stereo mixes that exist of this particular entry in the KC canon.

From Burning Shed website:

The ninth release in the King Crimson 40th Anniversary series.

USA was originally issued in 1975 and marked the final statement by the band's incendiary mid-1970s incarnation.

The CD features a completely new stereo album mix of the full concert by Robert Fripp & David Singleton, while the DVD features High Resolution Stereo mixes (24bit/96khz) of all three editions of this album/concert.

Presented as double digi-pack format in a slipcase with Sid Smith sleeve notes, rare photos and archive material.

---------

USA was recorded towards the end of King Crimson's final US tour of the 70s in June 1974. It was issued as an epitaph for the band in Spring 1975 as a single album - at a time when doubles or even triple live albums were more considered the norm for live releases. Deleted towards the end of the vinyl era in the mid-80s, it remained unreleased in the CD era until the expanded edition was finally issued in October 2002. In common with much of Crimson's output, it was not well received at the time by critics, though its critical reputation grew immeasurably in the intervening years to the point where a review of the 21st Century Guide to King Crimson boxed set in 2004 identified the album as the point, "...where Fripp maps out the guitar blueprint for the entire post-punk movement."

If that claim sounds somewhat exaggerated, a casual listen to the opening minutes of the album where the ethereal 'walk on...' tape of Fripp & Eno's No Pussyfooting gives way to the sonic assault of Larks' II - provides ample evidence to back up the claim. It's also worth noting the audience response to the band - especially at the end of Starless, a piece that had yet to be recorded in the studio at that point.

The reputation of the 1972/1974 King Crimson line-ups is now revered by critics and fans alike, with the material so sought after that it can justify a full 21 CD/DVD/2 Blu-Ray collection of the US/Canadian tours of Spring/Summer 1974.

Drawn from that release & presented in the King Crimson 40th Anniversary series format, the USA CD/DVD features a previously unreleased mix of the Asbury Park concert that formed the bulk of the original album, while the DVD features Hi-Res stereo versions of that mix, Ronan Chris Murphy's mix of the concert (issued on CD in 2006) & the expanded version of the original vinyl album as issued in 2002.

Uniquely, of the releases in this series, USA is presented in Hi-Resolution stereo only - not 5.1 Surround - as Robert Fripp decided that the live power of the quartet is best experienced in stereo sound.

Was waiting on JB hi-fi to ship, finally received the last in my order of Blu-Ray Pure Audio titles...... 55 days total from initiating order to delivery..... I would have cancelled long ago but they are very hard to find......
They still show these in stock, roll the dice and you never know.

Queen "A Night At The Opera"
Who "Quadrophenia"
Supertramp " Breakfast in America"
Deep Purple "Made in Japan"

Got my copy of Deep Purple - Made in Japan today from Down Under, ordered 5th january and shipped 13th february :mad:@:

Got my copy of Deep Purple - Made in Japan today from Down Under, ordered 5th january and shipped 13th february :mad:@:

Yeah Me thinks They got there stock in, last me heard they were waiting for stock from Melbourne.......that Deep Purple is a rare one for sure :banana: niiiiiiiiiice

Yeah Me thinks They got there stock in, last me heard they were waiting for stock from Melbourne.......that Deep Purple is a rare one for sure :banana: niiiiiiiiiice

Yes, it's very nice to finally have it in the collection :)

Not much music listening lately - received The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild last week :banana: :banana: epic game!!!

Yes, it's very nice to finally have it in the collection :)

Not much music listening lately - received The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild last week :banana: :banana: epic game!!!

yeah alot of my gaming buddies are loving it too.........have fun Spock :banana:

Last edited:
I'm waiting on my SQ LP's of Mountain Twin Peaks and Santana Festival (I know the quad mix is maligned)

Been on a bit of a buying spree the last few days.

Waiting on Herbie Hancock "Headhunters", John Legend "Get Lifted", Ray Charles "Genius Loves Company", and Rickie Lee Jones "Sermon on Exposition Blvd" from various EBay auctions.

All this talk about Audio Fidelity inspired me to pick up a few of their titles I hadn't yet: LaBelle "Nightbirds", Mahavishnu Orchestra "Birds of Fire" and Sly and the Family Stone GH.

Also figured it was time to pull the trigger on Yes "Tales from Topographic Oceans" and King Crimson "Beat"

And a nice little pile of classical titles I just purchased from another forum member.

The first week of spring should sound great!

Ordered Jan 30, it's been so long I don't remember which Dutton Vocalion title it is except it's got a "20" in it. Ordered it after some positive comments here. I am pretty sure there are 20 songs on it. Or maybe it's a reference to the 20th Century. Obviously not sitting on pins and needles here, but if I were, I would probably get off them, go to my other computer, and figure out what I ordered before complaining about it. I am sure it will arrive soon....btw have really enjoyed my other D-V title.

Ordered Jan 30, it's been so long I don't remember which Dutton Vocalion title it is except it's got a "20" in it. Ordered it after some positive comments here. I am pretty sure there are 20 songs on it. Or maybe it's a reference to the 20th Century. Obviously not sitting on pins and needles here, but if I were, I would probably get off them, go to my other computer, and figure out what I ordered before complaining about it. I am sure it will arrive soon....btw have really enjoyed my other D-V title.

Wow, quite a while. Well, during the Christmas holidays, we were told it was because of the Christmas holidays. Not sure what the problem is now. I just don't understand why these discs take so long. I've since purchased a few others from different vendors in the UK, and they never take close to that long.

Mike Oldfield Deluxe Versions (with 5.1, of course!):
-Tubular Bells
-Discovery
-Hergest Ridge
-Ommadawn

4 albums for the same price I'm paying for Santana "Lotus" SACD... nice:smokin

(Also waiting on that one)

Back