What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Musically, I can tell you it's fantastic. Yes, it's all mono, although it's decent fidelity. Sadly, it's missing the "Cannibal" (REAL nickname) Adderley album Something Else which is actually a Miles album. I have that one on a 24/192 & 24/96 HDAD (DVD-A.) Recommended on any hi-res format.

I already have the individual albums on this Blu-Ray-A on Japan CD's in both their original and expanded versions. It is scheduled to drop on 5/5. I have most of my Miles CD's & SACD's on Japan imports, because they were issued in Japan on those formats long before they were available as US issues. Although he had several SACD issues in the US, most were never issued on SACD here.

My Miles SACD collection is on pages 14 & 15: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/14

I saw Miles half a dozen times prior to his death. He's one of my most favorite artists. My Miles collection numbers over 500 discs, about 1/40th of my entire collection.

The only three Miles issues I'm wanting besides this are the Blu_Ray-A of Asecenceur (Assent to the Scaffold), Japan SHM-SACD of Amandla and the Columbia mono CD box. I'd love to hear anyone's comments on those, perhaps in a PM.

Please let us know about the Miles Davis release...I'm looking at that one...cheaper than amazon here...looks like a mono release...which is fine with me...it's quite a collection of songs from the early 50's...should be a good one..

War Child - Jethro Tull 3 CD/DVD 5.1 edition. An anniversary present, which I'll get in about four weeks. :banana:
war-child.jpg
Until then, I guess I'll need to muddle through with my CD-4 LP and 2ch CD.

...meanwhile back in the year one...

War Child - Jethro Tull 3 CD/DVD 5.1 edition. An anniversary present, which I'll get in about four weeks. :banana:
View attachment 18644
Until then, I guess I'll need to muddle through with my CD-4 LP and 2ch CD.

...meanwhile back in the year one...

If you haven't got it by now be forewarned.........The local HMV stores just boasted the price of this. It now lists retail for $64.99!! (Prev. $49.99)

War Child and the Blu-Ray-A/CD of Marley's Legend have been purchased already. However, he won't give them to me until our Anniversary. That's OK, because he won't be getting any until then. :yikes

If you haven't got it by now be forewarned.........The local HMV stores just boasted the price of this. It now lists retail for $64.99!! (Prev. $49.99)

Bartman Blu Ray
Iced Earth Plagues of Babylon
Andy Jackson Signal

ELP-Trilogy 3 disc set and Steve Wilson Hand Cannot Erase Blu ray( I have an order in for these 2 but they're slow in arriving)

I kept forgetting to post this one, which I've had on preorder FOREVER. Perhaps Brian Moura has more information on when it will be available and/or why it's been delayed. Joe "King" Oliver gave Louis his big break. Although Louis Armstrong was proficient when he met the King, Satchmo grew enormously while in Oliver's band.
Unknown-1.jpeg
Satchmo Plays King Oliver

I found that I could play all the songs from that Labelle album on the web. And I didn't like a single one!

It was one of my favorite Quads, and I absolutely love the Quad mix. The new disc sounds better than ever. 2ch mix by Steve Hoffman is great. Played the 2ch & 4.0 SACD layesr at home, and the CD layer in the car. I have an SQ and a CD of it. The bass on all three layers of this disc is hugely improved. A 10.

I found that I could play all the songs from that Labelle album on the web. And I didn't like a single one!

Everybody has different tastes in music...that's for sure...but I must confess I never envisioned you for THE SOUND OF MUSIC..didn't see that one coming..and I never thought I would buy titles like Patsy Cline as I don't like country western music...but it's all good...

Back