What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5.0 - no sub. Yet. ;)

No sub "needed" if your mains are up to the task.

I use my sub to give some weight to my rear speakers. Because my mains are full range (3 way 10 inch ported), I don't bother with the .1 channel. I would rather run all my speakers as large, so my subs are running passive, in stereo connected to the rears only. My center could use some more low end but it rarely ever becomes problematic.

I neglected to mention that this one is a 2ch hybrid SACD.

I kept forgetting to post this one, which I've had on preorder FOREVER. Perhaps Brian Moura has more information on when it will be available and/or why it's been delayed. Joe "King" Oliver gave Louis his big break. Although Louis Armstrong was proficient when he met the King, Satchmo grew enormously while in Oliver's band.
View attachment 18827
Satchmo Plays King Oliver

No sub "needed" if your mains are up to the task.

I just had a rear subwoofer possibly save my life. When I moved into my current house, I stupidly set up my waterbed incorrectly, which had the massive headboard not as supported as it should have been. After almost 18 years, the setup gave way and started to fall while I was in the bed. It only made it a few inches before encountering the subwoofer and being stopped dead in its tracks.

Had a pro come out and put everything back together correctly yesterday.

A 103 for 2nd room?? Dang...nice call.

It arrived this pm and at the moment I have it set up in my main room, doing some comparisons with my main player, which is a Cambridge Audio BD752. They're virtually identical in spec, components and interface, except the 103 is quite a bit cheaper.

My initial (and hence very hasty) impressions (at this stage using just HDMI *not* analogue) are that the 103 may be a little "harsher" than the CA, but has *massively* better software and works much better for network streaming eg. gapless streaming works, the 103 has a better suite of apps, there are no irritating pauses between tracks.

it's going to be interesting comparing the two and seeing which actually ends up as my main player.

I just had a rear subwoofer possibly save my life. When I moved into my current house, I stupidly set up my waterbed incorrectly, which had the massive headboard not as supported as it should have been. After almost 18 years, the setup gave way and started to fall while I was in the bed. It only made it a few inches before encountering the subwoofer and being stopped dead in its tracks.

Had a pro come out and put everything back together correctly yesterday.

Good song title - "Last night a subwoofer saved my life" ;)

I thought I'd get some more of the Pentatone Quad Classical releases on 4.0 SACD,

Guitar Concertos by Mauro Giuliani; Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco; Heitor Villa-Lobos

& Ravel: Orchestral Works

I'm waiting on my Oppo 103 to be re-delivered! The original had a multi region mod fitted which proved to be defective so I had to ship it back and get it sorted out. Should arrive back today. :)

I'm waiting on Miles Davis landmark offering... BITCHES BREW! Got the 2 channel SACD for $27 shipped.

81a0QMH8BNL._SY355_.jpg

Labelle SACD
Ogre 2 DVD Audios
Kickhunter DVD A

Back