What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DCC version of 24 Karat Hits by Elvis was mastered by Steve Hoffman. The new SACD was mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound.
I have the DCC edition - a really outstanding disc.

But I have to say that the Marino mastered SACDs have been excellent. Marino's version of Getz/Gilberto on Analogue Productions tops the earlier SACD edition by going back to the original master tape from 1964 and corrects the channel reversal present on that and many other reissues.

I'm interested to hear his work on 24 Karat Hits - should be quite a duel in comparison to the DCC CD!

The DCC version of 24 Karat Hits by Elvis was mastered by Steve Hoffman. The new SACD was mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound.
I have the DCC edition - a really outstanding disc.

But I have to say that the Marino mastered SACDs have been excellent. Marino's version of Getz/Gilberto on Analogue Productions tops the earlier SACD edition by going back to the original master tape from 1964 and corrects the channel reversal present on that and many other reissues.

I'm interested to hear his work on 24 Karat Hits - should be quite a duel in comparison to the DCC CD!

It would be nice if does jailhouse rock in stereo...the single is an edit of 2 takes and they are joined at the start of the instrumental...both incomplete takes were in the RCA jailhouse rock package, but they didn't bother to join them together...nice if he did...
I've already done an edit myself...not too tough and sounds great in the car...

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet ( errr... its for my wife... really.... no, reallly.... ok its mine so what)

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet ( errr... its for my wife... really.... no, reallly.... ok its mine so what)

Oh , come onnnn...don't be embarassed, we all have our weak points....some of us more than others!

BTW,,sticking to the subject , I got my "Slowhand" box for less than 25 Euros....unfortunately , the DTS surround mix is the same a the SACD AND it sounds even DARKER than the SACD..oh well, we even got some live CDs and..a HALF SPEED MASTERED LP!!!

Live CD's, outtakes and a half-speed bastard are the only reasons to buy this box IF you already have the SACD.

Oh , come onnnn...don't be embarassed, we all have our weak points....some of us more than others!

BTW,,sticking to the subject , I got my "Slowhand" box for less than 25 Euros....unfortunately , the DTS surround mix is the same a the SACD AND it sounds even DARKER than the SACD..oh well, we even got some live CDs and..a HALF SPEED MASTERED LP!!!

A couple of popular albums from the 80s....

8383302424_c78c3b84e7_n.jpg
8325314326_d3d084921f_n.jpg

A couple of English language vocal albums from Hong Kong (not listed at sa-cd.net....yet)....

8294192591_2cedd70092_n.jpg
8334058931_34338ec46d_n.jpg

Jienat - Mira (SACD plus BluRay)
Herbert Grönemeyer - Mensch (SACD, Large Hinges)
This one come with large hinges while there is also an edition with the small hinges Super Jewel Case. The artwork was changed to meed the reduced space using large hinges.

Esteban - Enter The Heart (DTS-CD)
Esteban - Enter The Heart (DVD-A)
I got the DTS-CD and liked what I heard. Few days later I found a DVD-A below EUR 10 and could not restist...

Various - Buena Vista Social Club (DVD-A)
Thanks to timbre4 for the opportunity to get an excellent copy of this.

Toto - IV (MC SACD)
Got a very nice copy at eBay for EUR 69.99. Bidding started at this price - this always keeps bidders away. There had been other offers at eBay starting at e.g. EUR 80 and nobody bid while other auctions starting at EUR 1 end higher than EUR 80. It simply feels bad if there is no bargain possible. In this case good for me.

Everclear - So Much For The Afterglow (DVD-A)
Vivino Brothers - Blus Band (SACD)
Wings - Band On The Run (DTS-CD, purple)
Thanks to filper for this one. I did not have the CD or LP so I do not miss something at the beginning of my purple copy. To me it just sounds right. I feared there would be something like a dropout or the music would start in the middle of something. So either I don't know what I should miss.... Anyway I'm very happy with my copy.

Schiller - Leben (SACD)
You get this at Amazon.de for only EUR 6.97 (EUR 15 for 3). I could not restist since this is an excellent disk. Highly recommened. Also a high pleassure for non-german speakers.

Markus

This one I always play after listening to some rotten mixes to make sure my speakers and ears are not broken. It feels so good to find out everything is still adjusted just fine.

Markus

What are those rotten mixes? ;)

Crows dts CD

oh, woops, it's a SACD, sorry

The first SACD with a copyright date of 2013?

Attachments

• crows.jpg
    crows.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Yep. Stereo. Did you think Analogue Productions was going to create a surround mix? That'll never happen. Of course if one already exists they'll include it, for example, Doors, Brubeck, etc. That's more than we could expect from MFSL or AF.

Laurence Juber - Guitar Noir - DVD-A
John McEuen & Jimmy Ibbotson - Nitty Gritty Surround - DVD-A

Miles Davis - Tutu - DVD-A
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death - DVD-A

Both found at a local 2nd hand record store.....(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back