What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My copy of Together We're Stranger is also in an SJB.
Could have had the digipak cheaper on-line but paid a couple bucks extra at a shop because I prefer the SJB.

My copy of Together We're Stranger is also in an SJB.
Could have had the digipak cheaper on-line but paid a couple bucks extra at a shop because I prefer the SJB.

same here :) I prefer Kim Cattrall to SJP but... :p

...I prefer the SJB's too, if they get cracked or beat up in anyway you can just swop them out, you can't do that with a dog-eared digipak..!!

Just took delivery of Nektar's "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" Hybrid SACD and The Flaming Lips "At War With the Mystic" CD/DVD-A

(The Headphone Dust re-release of Porcupine Tree's "Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape" arrived too, but as that's not surround I shouldn't mention it here! ;) )

what is this exactly Rob? CD + DVDA digipack? my "no-man" DVD-A's come in SACD-style super jewel cases.. :mad:@:

Yes, it's the CD+DVD-A in a digipak. Sounds lovely, too :) A bargain at around £6 from Shamazon ;)

P.S. Kim Cattrall gets my vote EVERY time too. Hot as feck! ;) Fell in love with her when I first saw 'Mannequin' back in the day ;)

Invisible Touch - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Duke - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Trespass - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Nursery Cryme - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Selling England By The Pound - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V).

Invisible Touch - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Duke - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Trespass - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Nursery Cryme - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V),
Selling England By The Pound - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD-V).

You didn't get the boxes?

I really like Twilight Alehouse on the extras disc for the 1970-75 set...

You didn't get the boxes?

I really like Twilight Alehouse on the extras disc for the 1970-75 set...

I've got two of the boxes (70-75 & 83-98) but not opened them, so when I saw these separate discs cheap today (£6-7 each) I thought I'd get them so I can try them out without opening the boxes.. I know, I'm mental.. :eek:

same here :) I prefer Kim Cattrall to SJP but... :p

...I prefer the SJB's too, if they get cracked or beat up in anyway you can just swop them out, you can't do that with a dog-eared digipak..!!

I'm sure I'll feel like a goof when you explain it to me, but I can't figure out the Kim Cattrall reference here.....:confused:

Nena feat. Nena Live (DVD-Audio),
Every Breath You Take: The Classics - The Police (DTS CD),
Bob Dylan PROMO SACD 7-Track sampler (Hybrid M/C SACD).
You could have had that Police title on SACD. Goes for about $15 used. There is a different mix on one of the songs on the dts version. Well, actually I think it's a re-recording. Forget which song.

I'm sure I'll feel like a goof when you explain it to me, but I can't figure out the Kim Cattrall reference here.....:confused:

Well, there is a SACD out there with poetry read by Kim Cattrall. In fact, I remember being at CES when it debuted.
I did a double take when walking into the press event and K.C. was sitting there. (At the time she was married to audio designer Mark Levinson).

You could have had that Police title on SACD. Goes for about $15 used. There is a different mix on one of the songs on the dts version. Well, actually I think it's a re-recording. Forget which song.

Thanks for the info, cupboy (y)

I've got the Police hits SA-CD already (SJB not digipack version!).

I've been after the original DTS CD for some time (it's not identical to the SA-CD, afaik) so when I saw it in a thrift store yesterday (in absolutely pristine condition, for not much more than the approx $15 I paid for the SA-CD) I just had to get it. :eek:

I'm listening to Jeff Beck "Blow by Blow" multi channel sacd. bought it used from a seller on amazon for $37. much cheaper than any of the ones that over priced ebay had.
the drumming is fantastic so is Beck's guitar.

still one of my all-time favourite quad-to-SACD's! FANTASTIC! (y)

Recently picked up Elvis Costello North (SACD), Deep Purple Machine Head (SACD), Hooverphonic No More Sweet Music Dualdisc (2 set in DTS and PAL no region) All excellent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back