What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obrigado Brazil - Yo-Yo Ma (MultiCh SACD),
The Day - Babyface (SACD),
The Bright Side Of The Moon - Mystic Moods (DTS CD),
10 Jaar - Het Allerbeste Van Dana Winner (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

Love the Dana Winner Surround SACDs.

Where are you picking up the extra Super Jewel Boxes? They don't seem to be as available as before.

I trawl thrift stores for used "CD singles" as quite a few came in SJB's (both narrow & bigger hinged, though more of the latter).. so it's a case of finding ones in good condition, cannibalising them by putting the original contents either in sleeves or in the bin depending on whether the musics up my street or not and then transferring the precious SACD loot into its new home! invariably these "CD singles" are 20p-£2 purchases, so not too pricey as replacement cases, I guess!?

I believe the one I just got is the least desirable of them all! (story of my life!) If only I could find more of them out in the wild! They're tough buggers to get! :mad:@:

That could be. It's one I don't have. The English language ones are quite good - she has some interesting takes on well known hits as well as her own.

That could be. It's one I don't have. The English language ones are quite good - she has some interesting takes on well known hits as well as her own.

Its a "Best Of" from 2003, with only 4 of the 17 tracks in English ("Never Never Never/Grande Grande Grande" Duet w/Frank Galan, "Moonlight Shadow", "Conquest Of Paradise" & "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" Duet w/Lee Towers) hence I think its' less sought after than the "Unforgettable" & "Unforgettable Too" etc.

I trawl thrift stores for used "CD singles" as quite a few came in SJB's (both narrow & bigger hinged, though more of the latter).. so it's a case of finding ones in good condition, cannibalising them by putting the original contents either in sleeves or in the bin depending on whether the musics up my street or not and then transferring the precious SACD loot into its new home! invariably these "CD singles" are 20p-£2 purchases, so not too pricey as replacement cases, I guess!?
We're not allowed to have CD singles in the USA, so this is not a source for us.

I think Acoustic Sounds has Super Jewel Cases (new style) for $1, but be sure to order $90 in music along with the cases to get free shipping. Otherwise they'll jack the shipping up quite a bit for each case or two you buy making them unaffordable.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/12486/-SACD_Jewel_Case-CD_Care

We're not allowed to have CD singles in the USA, so this is not a source for us.

I think Acoustic Sounds has Super Jewel Cases (new style) for $1, but be sure to order $90 in music along with the cases to get free shipping. Otherwise they'll jack the shipping up quite a bit for each case or two you buy making them unaffordable.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/12486/-SACD_Jewel_Case-CD_Care

Illegal in the U.S.? That's crazy. Is it some sort of licensing or patent issue? Wow.

Thanks - I've wondered what those are like.... more for the wish list....

Dana Winner is a singer from the Netherlands. Her husband is the owner of Galaxy Studios - the site of many SACD and DVD-A mixes and mastering assignments - and the inventor of Barco's Aero 11.2 3-D movie sound system.
Her music includes a number of Easy Listening covers and self-written tunes. I've always enjoyed it. Not reference material, but enjoyable music.

Where are you picking up the extra Super Jewel Boxes? They don't seem to be as available as before.

The larger hinge style I buy from Acoustic Sounds.
Usually throw a few in when the order is just under the free shipping threshold to get me over the line.

I bought a bunch of the skinny hinge style from an e-bay seller in the UK a few months back.
He was almost out of them at that time.
Expensive though (almost $4 a piece after shipping IIRC)

The larger hinge style I buy from Acoustic Sounds.
Usually throw a few in when the order is just under the free shipping threshold to get me over the line.

I bought a bunch of the skinny hinge style from an e-bay seller in the UK a few months back.
He was almost out of them at that time.
Expensive though (almost $4 a piece after shipping IIRC)

Is the "larger hinge" case the original Super Jewel Box? Or the Deluxe Super Jewel Box used for DVD-A releases?

Is the "larger hinge" case the original Super Jewel Box? Or the Deluxe Super Jewel Box used for DVD-A releases?
There are large and small hinges on both the larger DVD-A cases and the CD size cases...:mad:@:

Large hinges came later....

Illegal in the U.S.? That's crazy. Is it some sort of licensing or patent issue? Wow.

Like anything else here they want to push downloads. More profitable. Not that I cooperate with their ideas. I've bought plenty of CD singles, mostly from Germany. Never seen one in a super jewel case though.

Dana Winner is a singer from the Netherlands. Her husband is the owner of Galaxy Studios - the site of many SACD and DVD-A mixes and mastering assignments - and the inventor of Barco's Aero 11.2 3-D movie sound system.
Her music includes a number of Easy Listening covers and self-written tunes. I've always enjoyed it. Not reference material, but enjoyable music.

Is that Ronald Prent? I see his name appearing on lots of European MultiCh SACDs.

Like anything else here they want to push downloads. More profitable. Not that I cooperate with their ideas. I've bought plenty of CD singles, mostly from Germany. Never seen one in a super jewel case though.

Keep looking, trust me there's loads that were packaged in SJB's over the last 10 years here in the UK (y)

Is that Ronald Prent? I see his name appearing on lots of European MultiCh SACDs.

No, its Wilfried Van Baelen. He's Winner's husband and record producer.

Ronald Prent has done many a fine 5.1 Surround Mix for SACD titles in Europe. Worth looking for.

No, its Wilfried Van Baelen. He's Winner's husband and record producer.

Ronald Prent has done many a fine 5.1 Surround Mix for SACD titles in Europe. Worth looking for.

ah! Eddie Van Baelen's Dad! rock 'n roll..!! :p :ugham:

yes! some great surround stuff from Ronald Prent @ Galaxy Studios... Guano Apes, Era, Manowar, Kane, Indochine SACDs & the Simple Minds DVD-A's off top of my noodle.

Monty Meets Sly & Robbie - Monty Alexander/Sly & Robbie (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
O Brother, Where Art Thou Soundtrack (SACD),
Triple Fret - Bernard Allison, Larry McCray, Carl Weathersby, w/Lucky Peterson (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
The Whole Shebang - Shedaisy (DVD-Audio),
Swingin' For The Fences - Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band (DVD-Audio),
Are Me (Deluxe Edition 5.1) - Barenaked Ladies (DVD-Audio).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back