What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an excellent SACD made in Austria that arrived today from Kansas.

Attachments

• phoebe_snow_sacd.jpg
    phoebe_snow_sacd.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
These JSP SACDs on the way from Amazon Canada:

James & Lucky Peterson: If You Can't Fix It
Lowell Fulson - Think Twice Before You Speak
Jimmy Witherspoon - Big Blues

It appears I got their last copies of the first two

And thanks to your post I picked up the last of the third (Jimmy Witherspoon - Big Blues)! Thanks for the tip :)

Last edited:
Corrosion Of Conformity "America's Volume Dealer"

image.jpg

Some Songs are not overwhelming, but the most of it rocks.
As there are not so many heavy rock surround discs, I'm really glad to have it now.
:)

It's a good heavy rock album, but the mix is just an unwrap job, albeit a good one. You won't hear anything discrete from the rear speakers, it's more like hard panned left & right guitars have been pulled around so they surround you, sort of like a "horseshoe" sound-field.

It's a good heavy rock album, but the mix is just an unwrap job, albeit a good one. You won't hear anything discrete from the rear speakers, it's more like hard panned left & right guitars have been pulled around so they surround you, sort of like a "horseshoe" sound-field.

Yes it has not discrete elements, but it is heavy rock so I'm fine with it.
There are dynamic explosives, when additional guitars appear in the rear channel.
The songs have not much discrete elements, as it often is with harder stuff.

Greatest Hits - Lee Ann Womack (Hybrid MultiChannel SACD)

That's a pretty good one! I remember being positively surprised that I liked the musical content as much as I did (not really into country music myself) and the sonics are very good while the surround mix very much differ from track to track - some songs really descrete and some only "big stereo".

All in all, a good HiRez surround disc that I do not plan to part with.

That's a pretty good one! I remember being positively surprised that I liked the musical content as much as I did (not really into country music myself) and the sonics are very good while the surround mix very much differ from track to track - some songs really descrete and some only "big stereo".

All in all, a good HiRez surround disc that I do not plan to part with.

My thoughts exactly! I've had the DualDisc awhile and enjoyed it too for the most part (its an Adv'd Res DVD-A like the other Universal DualDiscs of Bon Jovi, Pete Townshend, Keane, Snow Patrol, 3 Doors Down, etc.) but when I saw the SACD for £10 I couldn't resist :)

Got a couple more good DVD-Audio steals. Got Foreigner's first album and Yes Magnification for ~$20 each. That's almost around the price they were when they came out. I think the person who put them up didn't really get what they were. Not DVD-A or SACD but I also found the DTS CD of Hell Freezes Over by the Eagles for $10.

Got a couple more good DVD-Audio steals. Got Foreigner's first album and Yes Magnification for ~$20 each. That's almost around the price they were when they came out. I think the person who put them up didn't really get what they were. Not DVD-A or SACD but I also found the DTS CD of Hell Freezes Over by the Eagles for $10.

"Feels Like The First Time.." :p I love that Foreigner DVD-A, it's another great Kellogg/Klingberg 5.1 mix that doesn't get the recognition it deserves (imho).

Another big thank you goes out to Fredblue for recommending the Lee Anne Womack dualdisc. I have ordered a copy from Amazon, still affordably priced.

Lets see if it shoots up to $43 like the Anne Murray dualdisc did... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back