What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff! (y)

Did you get the Machine Head Warner DVD-A or EMI SACD? (latter has the old Quad mix, former a modern 5.1 remix).. was that the SACD or DVDA of Sheryl?

DVD-A of Machine Head, and SACD of Sheryl Crow. I also have recently received David Crosby-If I Could Only Remember My Name, Don Henley-The End Of The Innocence, Sting -Brand New Day & Sacred Love, Donald Fagen-Morph The Cat, and Usher-8701.

Five for Fighting - America Town (MCH Sacd)

51gB1ndTf-L.jpg

Frank Zappa Wind Ensemble; SACD
3.1 mix listed as 5.1. Not great, no punch, no bottom end. For collector's only really.

Being an FZ completist and a huge Opus 3 fan, I popped for this. Your review is right on the money.

Frank Zappa Wind Ensemble; SACD
3.1 mix listed as 5.1. Not great, no punch, no bottom end. For collector's only really.

8261948-origpic-f96aa4.jpg

One day in the 80's, a friend of mine and I were auditioning high-end gear in a hotel room at CES. The other person auditioning them was Bo Hansson, who runs Opus 3. He was taken aback when we told him that he was a hero of ours and that we revered this work.

At that time, I was managing a high-end store and often demoed Audio Research through either Acoustats or KEF's with Labyrinth by Bert Deivert & Eric Bibb from Test Record 1. Stunning imaging! I also met Eric 10 years ago and he was kind enough to autograph many of my Opus 3 LP's & CD's by him.

Opus 3: http://home8.swipnet.se/~w-89217/catalog.html

2.gif

Picked up a Beck Sea Change dvd-audio used at FYE for $23.99. I inspected the disk at the register and could find no scratches and the case is undamaged too. I already have at least 4 SACDs of this but it was a good deal.

Picked up a Beck Sea Change dvd-audio used at FYE for $23.99. I inspected the disk at the register and could find no scratches and the case is undamaged too. I already have at least 4 SACDs of this but it was a good deal.

What a score! Sea Change is one of my favorite dvda discs in my collection. I'm definitely partial to dvda over sacd for its inclusion of bonus content like music videos.

Latest Amazon arrivals in 5.1:

Jakszyk, Fripp and Collins - A King Crimson Projekct (DVDA)
Stickmen - Deep (DVDA)
Ian Anderson - Homo Erraticus (DVD-AV)
Katatonia - Dethroned & Uncrowned (DVD-AV)
Yes - The Yes Album (BDA)

great find! (y) you could probably now flog it on for 3 times what you paid for it! :D

Just picked up the David Gilmour "Live in Gdansk - 4 disc edition" specifically for the 5.1 DTS version of "On An Island". The entire package is pretty impressive, will get to the surround mix in depth ASAP. Got a new copy for $30.
I already have the Royal Albert Hall gig, so the live discs are a bonus really.

My bad. Got a bit excited at the prospect of hearing those Crosby/Nash harmonies in surround. :)

Haha! Don't blame you! We would be able to hear lots more of their harmonies in surround if Warner had pulled their finger out and released the DVD-A's of Deja Vu, Stephen Stills debut, etc. they've had mixed and sitting round gathering dust for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back