What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ES' finest surround moments but solid mixes all the same.. the sound quality on the Everything Must Go DVD-A is jaw-droppingly good! :yikes

Listening to Two Against Nature now. I just love the Donald Fagen/Steely Dan albums. Even though there are better sounding discs and it's not multi channel, Aja is just such a great album.

Listening to Two Against Nature now. I just love the Donald Fagen/Steely Dan albums. Even though there are better sounding discs and it's not multi channel, Aja is just such a great album.

I can't remember if Aja specifically is one of the Steely Dan albums that pans out nicely in PLII Music.. but several of their Classic albums on CD (the 80's Roger Nichols mastered originals) sound decent in synthesised surround.

The 2010 DSD flat t/fer of Aja (which had mixed reception on SHM-SACD when it first came out) sounds wonderful to me (and I've heard it every which way/mastering you can think of!) though I've yet to try the DSD mastering in particular in PLII.

I can't remember if Aja specifically is one of the Steely Dan albums that pans out nicely in PLII Music.. but several of their Classic albums on CD (the 80's Roger Nichols mastered originals) sound decent in synthesised surround.

The 2010 DSD flat t/fer of Aja (which had mixed reception on SHM-SACD when it first came out) sounds wonderful to me (and I've heard it every which way/mastering you can think of!) though I've yet to try the DSD mastering in particular in PLII.

I have the SHM SACD and I was underwhelmed when I first bought it BUT the more I play it the better it sounds. I think the fact that it wasn't a MC disc had a lot to do with my attitude toward the disc, at first.

I have the SHM SACD and I was underwhelmed when I first bought it BUT the more I play it the better it sounds. I think the fact that it wasn't a MC disc had a lot to do with my attitude toward the disc, at first.

ah that'll be the SH Material breaking in after repeated plays.. ;)

did you try the SACD thru PLII?

I don't buy into the SHM voodoo personally but I know some folks swear by it, so if they hear a difference it's all good :)

I don't buy into the SHM baloney also - but I believe their mastering is usually top notch, & they get transfers from the best source they can get...

I don't buy into the SHM baloney also - but I believe their mastering is usually top notch, & they get transfers from the best source they can get...

Well said! (y)

So far I've got the Aja, Who's Next, What's Going On, Talking Book, Innervisions, Songs In The Key Of Life, Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road & Breakfast In America albums on SHM-SACD and Platinum SHM-CD now (all said to be Flat DSD transfers) and almost all are the best digital versions I've heard.

On that basis I'm looking forward to the two upcoming Steely Dan SHM's (Countdown To Ecstasy & Pretzel Logic) next month, hoping they'll sound equally good.

Anyway, back on topic.. :)

Well said! (y)

So far I've got the Aja, Who's Next, What's Going On, Talking Book, Innervisions, Songs In The Key Of Life, Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road & Breakfast In America albums on SHM-SACD and Platinum SHM-CD now (all said to be Flat DSD transfers) and almost all are the best digital versions I've heard.

On that basis I'm looking forward to the two upcoming Steely Dan SHM's (Countdown To Ecstasy & Pretzel Logic) next month, hoping they'll sound equally good.

Anyway, back on topic.. :)

As the NEW king of OFF TOPIC(looks around for post deleting machine)this is what the NBA calls a continuation play, started out on topic and then verred slightly off course.

Vivian Green - A Love Story (MCH/SACD)

002d9f6b.jpg

Nice 'n Easy - Celebrating Sinatra, Nelson Riddle arrangements conducted by Erich Kunzel, played by Cincinnati Pops Big Band Orchestra (Hybrid MultiCh SACD).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back