What's your latest High Resolution Download purchased?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the just released Beach Boys FLAC downloads ... I've got one (24/192) downloading right now.

They've got XMAS album, Wild Honey (mono), 20/20 (stereo)

Use code HDAUG21 for 15% off.

Not sure 24/44.1 is exactly what people think of as hi-res, but it seemed to be the best option available for Iron Maiden's new Book of Souls.
At least it's 24-bit.
Under $12 on HDTracks with code HDLaborday15.

I've been given a USB from a friend with 3 albums on it, as a taster as I've not tried HD/FLAC files before. Always dismissed them as I like the physical product!!
Muse 'The 2nd Law' (24/96), Simon and Garfunkel 'Greatest Hits' (24/192), and Phil Collins 'Face Value' (24/192).
All I can say is ... wow.

I've always been critical of the needless compression on Muse's album production (especially drums), but this download sounds great, especially the orchestra and choir on 'Survival', and the electronics on 'Isolated System'. Real depth and distinction.

As for the other two albums, incredible. Been listening to 'Face Value' since its release in 1981, and I've never heard it like this.

Garbage 2.0 24/96

Attachments

• garbage_front.jpg
    garbage_front.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 211
So far, I am unable to burn this FLAC to DVD. Please HLEP.
for DVD-A flac must be converted to PCM (.wav) format, extracted from 5.1 PCM pack into mono 6 tracks.
if sound is 96/24 those mono tracks must be converted into PPCM (MLP) and after that DVD-A can be authored in Sonic or DiscWelder.
in your case sound is 48/24 thus MLP conversion can be skipped.

Big Brothers first album and Janis, Kozmic Blues, purchased today. HDTracks both 24/192 stereo. Both are warm and rich in character, lovely, and at a special discount today. They are also selling Cheap Thrills, but I have the 5.1 so not necessary for me to purchase the stereo download.

Big Brothers first album and Janis, Kozmic Blues, purchased today. HDTracks both 24/192 stereo. Both are warm and rich in character, lovely, and at a special discount today. They are also selling Cheap Thrills, but I have the 5.1 so not necessary for me to purchase the stereo download.

I think the price is permanent. It's like a budget priced download. Of course, Acou$tic $ound$ is charging full price for those ($24.99).

So does the first song on Kosmic Blues have that hum through the whole song.

Finally broke down and purchased Iron Maiden's Book of Souls from HD tracks. 90mins of music for $13.99 was too good to pass up.

Finally broke down and purchased Iron Maiden's Book of Souls from HD tracks. 90mins of music for $13.99 was too good to pass up.

Fantastic album!!! I also bought the HDtracks as well as the CD, but found no difference in sound between the two... in fact, they are both highly compressed and have the same DR. HOWEVER, if you really want to hear this album shine, pick-up the Vinyl... Great dynamics and clarity!

Fantastic album!!! I also bought the HDtracks as well as the CD, but found no difference in sound between the two... in fact, they are both highly compressed and have the same DR. HOWEVER, if you really want to hear this album shine, pick-up the Vinyl... Great dynamics and clarity!

Ahhhhh! Really? Then I might just do that....

I said it before and I'll say it again...an elephant's faithful...wait...ANY new release, I buy the vinyl precisely because of the Loudness wars...can't put a cut-off wave on vinyl..well . you can but LPs are mastered with more headroom than CDs..ironically...

Back